Thread: 9 inch axles respline?

Junior Member APPRENTICE

9 inch axles respline?

does anyone know who can respline axles in ohio?or anywhere?
    9 inch ford 28 spline
    and how much does it cost?

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN
    moser in Indiana,best price, good job, fairly good turn around time about 2 weeks.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    last time i had axles respline was a few years ago but mosser did them and did a very nice job..if i remember right it was $85.00 per axle but been a few years so i'm sure price is higher now..there is some nice aftermarket axles out there now that isn't much more in price..i didn't use respline axles with slicks but did use them back then for a street pro/street builds with the old hard m/t tires[steam rollers]

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: 9 inch axles respline?

Quote Originally Posted by liljon
    does anyone know who can respline axles in ohio?or anywhere?
    9 inch ford 28 spline
    and how much does it cost?
    I wouldn't do it, you can buy alloy axles for $300.00 to any length and a lot stronger than stock axles resplined.

Here's the site.

http://www.quickperformance.com/ads.htm

JMO

Zip.

My Moser's were $316 for the pair.I don't believe I would do it.Good axles are just too cheap to risk it.But I also ran high 6s(1/8 mile) on a 10 bolt with stock 28 spline axles,carrying a front tire for about 20 feet,with no problems(or c-clip eliminators :shock: )I'd still buy good axles.Just my opinion
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by olds48
    My Moser's were $316 for the pair.I don't believe I would do it.Good axles are just too cheap to risk it.But I also ran high 6s(1/8 mile) on a 10 bolt with stock 28 spline axles,carrying a front tire for about 20 feet,with no problems(or c-clip eliminators :shock: )I'd still buy good axles.Just my opinion
    You didn't think too much of your quarter panels did ya?

:shock: Never thought of that.Seriously, never crossed my mind.Ouch,that woulda sucked.Hard to find replacement panels for a 48 Olds. :shock:
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by olds48
    :shock: Never thought of that.Seriously, never crossed my mind.Ouch,that woulda sucked.Hard to find replacement panels for a 48 Olds. :shock:
    seen a guy break an axle on a 71 El Camino on the street just driving down US 31 and it ripped up the whole side of bed.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    see that on ford farm pu all the time around here. using 1/2 tons for 1 tons