wheelie bar opinion

Old 03-07-2008, 02:38 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default wheelie bar opinion

Thinking about installing a single adjustable wheelie bar on my Camaro. You guys have any opinion on running a single or double wheelie bar.
Just thought I'd try the single bar. I have to do something because I'm concerned about scrapping the rear bumper before long.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:50 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Vince Tosto...said the big "W"word......i can't believe it...was Todd right when he called you an old man....lol....just kidding Vince....

i had to take this shot,,,cause you Tosto guys are known for PRETTY wheel stands,No Wheelie bars with a stick...and still competitive...

i can't tell you personally the difference..i do know that Scotty Cannon had a BIG hand in developing this Mono type wheelie bar.....all i can say is they must work well for tthis high hp cars to run them..

Good Luck...

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-07-2008, 04:19 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by bjuice
Vince Tosto...said the big "W"word......i can't believe it...was Todd right when he called you an old man....lol....just kidding Vince....

i had to take this shot,,,cause you Tosto guys are known for PRETTY wheel stands,No Wheelie bars with a stick...and still competitive...

i can't tell you personally the difference..i do know that Scotty Cannon had a BIG hand in developing this Mono type wheelie bar.....all i can say is they must work well for tthis high hp cars to run them..

Good Luck...

Brian
I know Brian. I can't believe I said that W word either but I'm getting old and maybe wiser in my old age. I took off about 45 to 55 lbs maybe more by putting light weight disc brake set up on the front of the Camaro this winter. I'm thinking once the car goes up that high you no longer can control it. I'm looking to retire soon so I need all the money I can for when I retire.
I figure I don't need to spend my money on front end parts when it finally decides to come down.
From what I heard the mono type is the way to go. I'm just wanting to control the wheelies and install the best bar. I can only dream about having as much HP as Scotty. But your right it worked very well on Scotty's car. I'm leaning towards the mono set up.
Thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

Vince you know I wish I had your problems. I think Todd runs bars right, I would think it would better to have two to make it more stable. It would seem that the if you had the one you would tend to tilt from one side to the other but I see a lot of fast cars running them.
CPT.RON :P :P :P
just one wheel stand before I go thats my goal in life
Old 03-07-2008, 07:24 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I HAVE SEEN ONE BAR LET THE CAR GET TWISTED TOO FAR---GO WITH THE DUAL SETUP AND ATLEAST YOU SHOULD STAY STAIGHTER--ONLY REMEMBER THAT IF YOU DEPEND ON THE BARS AND SOMETHING GIVES OUT ON THEM -YOU ARE IN FOR ONE SCARY RIDE---I WILL MOUNT MINE ON THE MY REAR BUMPER OF MY RANCHERO!!--IF I GET THAT HIGH UP I WILL JUST HANG ON FOR THE SCARIEST RIDE OF MY LIFE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: --LIVELY IN ILLINOIS
Old 03-07-2008, 07:40 PM
hoots5secstang
SHOW GUEST

i have a 32 spitzer altered i have ran both with the duel bars you have to make sure the height on both wheels are the same if not the one that hits first will drive the car while it is off the ground. with a single dead in the center car will go much straighter. thats my experience my car has 1.1160ft off the ground 5.10 1/8tm mile
Old 03-08-2008, 03:11 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks for your opinion guys. Todd doesn't have bars on his Firebird either but Tim was running the double bars on his Orange Camaro.

Guess I had this post in the wrong spot HUH!!!!!!!!!
OH WELL.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:58 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Don't feel bad Vince...My 63 vette vid got moved to....LOL....No big deal here either......

Old 03-10-2008, 04:30 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by bjuice
Don't feel bad Vince...My 63 vette vid got moved to....LOL....No big deal here either......

Where is it Brian I wanted to see that.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:08 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=5888

it is now in Show off.....hope you can open it.

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -