Jim Johnson POPAJ racing Moparts Member

Old 03-06-2008, 02:38 PM
phr
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Jim Johnson POPAJ racing Moparts Member

Anyone else have problems receiving checks or payments from this guy Jim johnson from PoppaJ racing?

He has told me he 2 sent payments on 3 different occasions and nothing has arrived. On the phone he gets a little testy but emails seem to be sent by someone else promising the "check is in the mail". He used the sick in hospital, and son forgot to send, and now lost in the mail excuses, already.

2.5 weeks for 2 different payments sent on 3 different occasions from OH to MD makes me feel that something is not right with this guy.

Everytime I call, he says check is either sent or is going to be repalced and sent. Now all I get is the answering machine.

Jim Johnson from
Reynolds OH
telephone number 614-806-6006
Old 03-07-2008, 06:52 AM
phr
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Mr Johnsons son (Casey) contacted me 3/7. Now is stating they want the part they sent me back BEFORE sending my part or payment.

I am sending their part back and will see if NOW they can get their problems and stories straight.

Overall situtation:
Johnson wants to trade pan for fuel pump. 2/8

I state pan would cause me to cut k frame to fit, he states try it, if it does not work he will send 300 to cover the pump and return shipping on pan 2/9

I agree to send pump 2/10 and he agrees to send pan 2/10

I send pan 2/9 he gets 2/14 he sends pan 2/15 red flag goes up

I get pan 2/20 and immediately email and call him telling him pan will not work and I can not use it, I have it boxed up in truck 2/20

Johnson says he will send check 2/20

Johnson says in hospital sent check 2/24

Johnson says replacing first check sending 2/29 red flag 2 goes up

Johnson notified no checks received 3/6 red flag 3 is up

Johnsons son emails and says when pan is back will send pump 3/7 red flag pole is sagging now

(Remember they have told me 3 different times the payment is sent...)
Johnsons son blames this on MOPARTS members telling him I sell bad parts, (remember he HAS HAD MY PUMP for more than 2 weeks.)

Now, after all this, Johnson stating check is sent, replacement check is sent, mumbo jumbo. I am still going to send him his part back FIRST and again wait for Johnson and son to send either my pump or the payment.

I never expect anyone anywhere to send me parts before payment, I refund and pay shipping both ways if I make a mistake. I will always keep everyone notified of everything about a tansaction and correct any error immediately making sure I keep my end of the deal.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
phr
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Ok there Jim, Casey, or email writer, the FedEx tracking number for the return of the oil oil pan is 468400810043011

I told you I would send pump 2/10 sent 2/9
I told you I would send pan 3/7 sent 3/7

You told me you would send pan 2/20 sent 2/15 after pump gets to you

You told me checks in in mail 2/20

You told me checks in the mail 2/24

You told me checks in the mail 2/29

You then tell me 3/7 to send the pan back and check or pump would be returned.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:59 PM
phr
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Now Mr Johnson's son "Casey" has received and signed for his pan 3/11/07, at the address it was sent from on 2/15.

I am waiting for this "honest" group to either send my fuel pump or the money they offered for the pump(after getting and inspecting it).

AND gee, for some strange reason neither of those mailed checks ever showed up.... :roll:

I better go and file rifled and lost complaints with the US Postal service, it is now 3 plus weeks.... :shock:

Here are those emails from this group. You read and see who is pulling who's leg here.....

It was a Fairfield Bank Check...I sent out a replacement check Today Monday...jim

"Peter Ripley, Sr." <[email protected]> wrote:
What is the check number you are "canceling", what account was it written on? I will watch for it to arrive and let you know if it ever shows up.

Then let me know the date you send the replacement and when it is expected to arrive.

Let's get this over and done this week.
----- Original Message -----
To: Peter Ripley, Sr.
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 8:50 PM
Subject: Re: BG400-2

Thanks Pete, will cancel first check and send a replacement....Thanks pal!!! jim

Peter H. Ripley Sr.
6902 Pineway
University Park, MD 20782
301-277-4433
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 1:50 AM

Peter I did send a check as I told you on the phone...I am back in town now and will check on it in the morning...I will send it out again tomorrow and I can cancel the other check...Of course I want the oil pan back, it fit all my B-body cars fine. I had it on a 63',65' and a 68' Roadrunner...Please send me over your address again so I am positive I am sending it to the right address..I apoligize in advance for this mix up, but will get it fixed ASAP.....Have a good day. Jim

Jim
You told me to notify you if the payment did not arrive, it has not.

You have sent me 2 emails saying that a payment for the BG400 fuel pump had been sent. You told me over the telephone the payment was sent also. Nothing has arrived.

The pan you sent will not fit 66 up cars. I notified you immediately and boxed it back up to return it to you.

Please either get the 300.00 or the fuel pump back to me. It takes 2-3 days for the shipping so Please do this next week so this can be ended.

I noticed you waited until you received the fuel pump to ship the pan.

Is this what is going on here? You waiting for me to send the pan?

Let me know what has to be done to get this completed.

-- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2008 8:47 AM

Pete, I really think the pan will fit why not try it....if it doesn't fit I wll give you $300 for the fuel pump and you can send the pan back.....Let me know
jim

I would have to notch my K frame to use the pan.
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 12:10 AM

Here are some shots of the pans
poppaj

Here is the BG400 with filter and all the fittings.
Peter H. Ripley, Sr.
301-277-4433

Poppa J

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poppa J

Poppa J

Poppa J

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Poppa J

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:15 PM
phr
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

3/15/08 End of the week and 4 days after this group of Jim and Casey Johnson received their oil pan back and still nothing but more excuses as to when I might get m fuel Pump back..

and none of those mailed payments ever arrived..
Old 03-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

looks like you've been had. that sucks. Keep on em. I would bug the crap out of them until I got my pump.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:27 AM
phr
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

More reliable information from this HONEST MOPARTS MEMBER: JIM JOHNSON AND SON CASEY JOHNSON. when asked why when he received his "oil pan" back tues 3/11 I have not gotten my pump back he sends a new delaying BS reply.

ups 1za74w700343501764

shipped 3/13
be there by 3/17

Where is my fuel pump?

From UPS TRACKING SYSTEM:

Tracking

Track Packages & Freight Quantum View Flex Global View

>>> The number you entered is not a valid tracking number. Review and update the field below.

Enter up to 25 tracking numbers, one per line.
>>> Tracking Numbers:
>>>1.

By selecting the Track button, I agree to the Terms and Conditions.

AGAIN this outfit has had a excellent condition with all fittings BG fuel pump for nearly a full month now and is claiming to have sent payment 3 times, and now shipped the pump back with a bogus UPS tracking number... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 03-17-2008, 10:37 AM
phr
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

A "pump" arrived back at my location today that is so obviously NOT the pump sent to him/them, it is getting ridiculous.

I have very clear digital pictures of the pump I sent and this piece of shit pump he returns matches the piece of shit oil pan he tried to trade for my good fuel pump.

He had used pipe wrenches on the oil pan and it clearly shows this pump has had pipe wrenches or vice grips used on the fittings.

The scratch I put in the Barry Grant decal was not there, the decal on this pump is all there and faded out, the -2 oval sticker was not on the pump returned.

The pump returned, has clear deep gouge marks and thread damage, plus the filter is mounted on the opposite side.

This scum of the earth switched pumps while bashing and lying for over a month.

Both Jim Johnson and Casey Johnson stole a part and accused me of being the dishonest person, they lied over and over, and now they have the balls to send this piece of shit and hope it will settle everything.

Their origional "excellent condition" pan had damage all over it, welded up seams with silicon sealer all over the seams, and the pickup was siliconed in and welded back together(it was at one time broken in two pieces). 4 different people looked at and inspected it and said not to even try to repair, even the manufacturer (Charlies Oil Pans) would not even attempt to repair the piece of shit.

Now I understand why they did not want to send anything before they received my pump, Jim and Casey were afraid they would get a matching piece of shit to the part they sent me...

This will not end here, I will drag both of their worthless butts into MD court with pictures of my pump and this pump and get my damages plus attorney fees. The attorney inspected both my pump prior to shipment and after this pump was delivered. The same attorney inspected the oil pan when recieved and when pacjkaged up then taken directly to FedEx for its return to Jim Johnson Crooks and Son.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:33 PM
phr
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

How or can a picture posted to this forum? I would be glad to show everyone both pumps for them to see the differences.

Now, after calling Jim Johnson AGAIN, Jim Johnson is going to pay for the pump (again) and states I AM the total problem with this whole deal. I have done each and everything exactly or before I said I would do them. While he and his son have lied over and over and over PLUS send different pump back...

I have FedEx shipping documents, date stamped pictures, and the 10-15 emails to show all the lies and backtracking for the judge to read.

Come Fri 3/21/08 it will be too late.

I will issue the summons for them both to show up and explain this to a judge in MD District Court, where the transaction was initiated from, and get their asses hit with the judgement and leins...

They both know about this and will never reply here on RJ.......

Jim Johnson 614 806 6006 email address [email protected]

Casey Johnson 614-589-3939 email address [email protected]
Old 03-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

PHR, I have been reading your posts and you are thorough and well documented. Kudos to you for handling the issue fairly, logically and without any mudslinging.

Represent these guys to the judge as a business using the internet as their primary delivery vehicle for getting their business known. They do business in all 50 states and if unincoporated could reasonably be considered a sole proprietor.

If you can convince him that they are doing business as a real business (hope they are showing taxable gains on their 1040s) then you can sue them here and require them to represent. Failure to defend should be a default judgement correct? At least it was last time I was in small claims court.

At the least see if you can find people who have dealt with them, get some kind of email or documentation and call the Johnson's state attorney general. At least you can start taking the value of that pump out of the efforts they will have to take to defend and respond.

There is state case law that supports this as I found when I was dealing with a long distance rat in AZ.

Best of luck- This whole business smells of deceit.

Just my humble opinion.

Later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -