Need info on full roller rockers..

Old 03-03-2008, 01:27 PM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Need info on full roller rockers..

I just got my rockers.They are 3/8 1.5 ratio full rollers.The stockers on the engine is 3/8 1.5 ratio.keep in mind the engine is basicly stock.Called Blairs Speed Shop.The counterperson claims I would need guide plates and stud griddle even though I'm on a stock cam/valvetrain.Stated he would have to pull the heads to restud them.I could understand this if I was putting in a big cam or if this were a high reving engine..If the full rollers are 3/8 stud and my stockers are 3/8.Why would he have to restud them?I wanted the benifits of running full rollers.Trying to make all the power I can and still pass Calif smog.EXP builders please chime in.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:37 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

sounds like that guy is trying to make some extra cash, I have thrown roller rockers on many a ride without guide plates or different studs... They work no differently than a stock rocker, but have less resistance which = more HP...
Old 03-03-2008, 02:19 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DragsterJosh
sounds like that guy is trying to make some extra cash, I have thrown roller rockers on many a ride without guide plates or different studs... They work no differently than a stock rocker, but have less resistance which = more HP...
+1. Time to find a new engine shop.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:21 PM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by DragsterJosh
+2 Keep on looking. Good luck.