Thread: Jetting a 950

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Jetting a 950

what would be a good starting point for 4150 style 950 carb.front and rear pv blocked.motor is 509 cid, elebrock rpm heads, 10.5 comp,5.13 rear gear,2500 lb car,run 1/8 bracket race.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I'd say 88's sqaure and read your plugs after a shake down run then work your way up or down depending on et's, but either way you go I'd stay square.
    Your gonna want it a tad on the lean side for consistancy.
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Thanx for the reply.Where is southaven? i live in mobile,and race some at hub city and battlefield raceway.

Quote Originally Posted by cepx111
    I'd say 88's sqaure and read your plugs after a shake down run then work your way up or down depending on et's, but either way you go I'd stay square.
    Your gonna want it a tad on the lean side for consistancy.
    I AGREE. I had a 950 HP when they first came out and it was 78 square and I took the rear power valve out and went to 88's and my plugs were always nice and brown...but I never shut it down at the finish line either...but It ran well.

Quote Originally Posted by contagious
    Thanx for the reply.Where is southaven? i live in mobile,and race some at hub city and battlefield raceway.
    Southaven is a suburban city just south of Memphis, Tn in north west Mississippi I.E.> God's country....
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

i have a 950 hp i have 78 in the front with a 3.5 high flow valve and 88s in the rear and a plug runs perfect