4 wheel line lock??

Old 02-25-2008, 04:25 PM
prostreet1972
JOURNEYMAN

Default 4 wheel line lock??

Who is running it and how much does it help? I am thinking about going this route instead of transbrake. Seems to make more sense to me since your drivetrain will be preloaded instead of a sudden hit. My car is not that powerfull (430 horse plus 150hp shot). Let me know your thoughts on it. How many rpms will it hold without overpowering the line lock? Also how exactly do you guys set it up and run the lines?

Thanks for the help,

Travis
Old 02-29-2008, 05:22 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I am no expert but that seems like to me it wouldn't react very fast..but I am probably wrong. I didn't know people ran 4 wheel line locks. :?
Old 02-29-2008, 06:35 AM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

isnt that the same as foot-braking?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:27 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

We use both transbrake and line lock. For the reasons stated consistency in staging, the chassis is loaded the same each time. This is done through our delay box though. You didn't state whether or not that you are using a box.

Curtis
Old 02-29-2008, 04:41 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Been there, Done that. Had 4 wheel line lock on a stock '83 cutlass.
Used it with a delay box and MSD soft touch rev limiter. Ever seen a 17 sec box car? It got a lot of funny looks when it came up on the chip, lol.
It works, but you have to make sure the brakes are pumped up good before setting it or it will push through the lights.
Mine were mounted on the inner fender right by the master cylinder. NHRA has since outlawed them on some classes.

I think the RPM's it will hold would depend on the stall of your converter.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:44 PM
prostreet1972
JOURNEYMAN

I am not running a delay box and I have a 4000 stall coverter. Just covering my options of different ways of staging and launching the car. Of course I want the best launch and reaction time as possible. I feel that I can react faster letting go of a button versus mashing the gas.

Thanks for your input.

Travis
Old 03-17-2008, 04:28 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

check the rulebook first, I seem to remember that nhra/ihra do not allow line locks on all four wheels.....but..... who is going to check those things...???