Do we have a racing junk honor payment police?

Old 02-19-2008, 05:20 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Do we have a racing junk honor payment police?

This is going to sound odd, but I have had people lately message me to see if I still had something I was selling on a ad thats been deleted. Then never hear from them again when I say I do. Figured it was just income tax buyers, but some of my ads have been deleted for 3 months or more and still get questioned to see if I sold it. Just seems odd to me. I post a lot of stuff and after a while take it off. The main thing I've done on here is a trade and I made a honor payment for that. Thinking they are trying to see if I was making my payments, who knows. Has this been happening to anyone else?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

DID THEY GIVE ANY SORT OF NAME OR OTHER INFO? I WOULD ASK THEM ALOT OF ???? BEFORE GIVING ANSWERS OUT--IT MIGHT BE SCAMMERS OR SOMETHING ELSE----IF IT RACING JUNK THEY SHOULD ANSWER YOU HONESTLY[ TRY IT NEXT TIME IT HAPPENS :cry: :cry: :cry: ---DON'T GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFO IF YOU DON'T FEEL RIGHT ABOUT IT :? :? :? ---LIVELY
Old 02-19-2008, 05:59 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Thanks Lively,
They didn't ask for any personal info. Just, do I still have the items. And actually sound like a real people, not a scammer. Just odd that I get an message asking if I still have something and after saying yes and if they need anymore info, I never hear from them again. It's about normal with current ads, but with deleted ads, I have no idea. Just that I have had a few of these lately on deleted ads, and then nothing after saying I still have it.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I think its just someone writing the ad # down and going back to it. I write down the ad # if I am wanting to look at it again, to many times people delete the ads so fast its not there the next time.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:55 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
I think its just someone writing the ad # down and going back to it. I write down the ad # if I am wanting to look at it again, to many times people delete the ads so fast its not there the next time.
IT COULD BE-- ALOT OF US OLD PEOPLE FORGET WHAT WE WERE DOIN_______________________G AND THEN-----------------
Old 02-19-2008, 06:57 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Do we have a racing junk honor payment police?

Originally Posted by insane4fbodys
This is going to sound odd, but I have had people lately message me to see if I still had something I was selling on a ad thats been deleted. Then never hear from them again when I say I do. Figured it was just income tax buyers, but some of my ads have been deleted for 3 months or more and still get questioned to see if I sold it. Just seems odd to me. I post a lot of stuff and after a while take it off. The main thing I've done on here is a trade and I made a honor payment for that. Thinking they are trying to see if I was making my payments, who knows. Has this been happening to anyone else?
I wouldn't worry about it,It was possibly like David said,someone wrote the add number down and typed it in.Then they messaged you on it.

Even tho you deleted the add,RJ saves adds along time in the data base
Old 02-20-2008, 09:13 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

one thing can happen if someone saves your add to their favorites..they can go back and pull up the ad after it expires etc....

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "