Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW SCAMMER ?

NEW SCAMMER ?

mikelynos20 JUST SIGNED UP AND HAS 67 CAMARO CONVERTIBLE FOR 10K FREE SHIPPING......CURIOUS....Ad #1112976

AND Ad #1112950 . LOOK CLOSELY THE SAME SELLER NAME BUT DIFFERENT EMAILS ?

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Thats funny.i just came to the forum to post the same thing,you know this is a scamm.10k yea right i will take 10

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    The 2 different emails is a little odd. What else is odd it the numeric sequence of the phone. Also, I don't belive that is a Miami, FL area code.

I did a reverse search on the phone number. It came up with nothing. So I check the area code and it said area code not found.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Area code lookup came up with this.
    334 AL -6 S Alabama: Auburn/Opelika, Montgomery and coastal areas (part of what used to be 205; see also 256, split 251)
    Still not in Florida. Has anyone contacted him to see what the reply was? I would buy 10 of those conv. at that price and after selling them, take a year off for fun.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Nice how he blocked the plate # out,and if that is miami it must be in another state,look at the trees,not a palm in site and it doesn't even look like miami at all,the house theme is no where near miami,it is fall when the picture was taken the trees are loosing there leaves and are changing colors,Can anybody magnify the picture and get the plate off the car in the back ground?

Administrator RACING JUNKIE
    There Is 1 Thing Better Than Cubic Inches,,,More Of Them

License Plate in the corner

I tried to crop and blow up the corner car with the plate-picture quality blown up degrades too much-however from what I can tell at about 150% of size, it appears to be a New York plate-See them all the time in MD and PA.

Also, check the text of the add "The car in perfect conditions without any mechanical problems, in mint condition, ..."

In perfect conditions?

Too low price, odd ball text in the ad with no specs, and the multiple email addressess would suggest a scam.

Invite the seller to this forum and see what he says.

My two cents-

later

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN
    Like to see what he has to say.

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    I sent him an RJ message, and an email. Told him that I was interested and wanted to come by and inspect it. No reply yet!