Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CALLIES COMPSTAR SBC CRANK$

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

CALLIES COMPSTAR SBC CRANK$

Who has the best price on Callies compstar 3.750 4340 sbc crank?

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Callie's controls the price we sell the comp star stuff for.if you invoice it under racers net and they see it you will no longer be a W.D with Callie's.
    That crank you asked about is $593.00 Bill
    Hendrens Racing Engines
    1310 U.S. Hwy 221 North
    Rutherfordton N.C. 28139
    828-286-0780 Bill, Steve, Mike
    www.hendrensracingengines.com

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Thanks Bill

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    That's a violation of the Sherman Anti-Trust laws. It's called 'price fixing'.

Callies, by Federal Law, can only control the advertised price. They can not control what an individual business sells at.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE jmarksdragster's Avatar
    Another way stores get away with pricing under is to offer rebates or free items with it.
    Mark Whitener
    http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org

Good work isn't cheap, and cheap work can't be good.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBadGMC

Callies, by Federal Law, can only control the advertised price. They can not control what an individual business sells at.
    A large amount of manufactures do this today,Dart,Brodix,Msd just to name a few. this only affects those of us who are warehouse distributors for there products. we cant advertise a product under Jobber and we cant sell under jobber unless its to another engine builder.Callie's insists on Racers Net for Compstar and jobber for the remainder of there line. we could sell for less but they cant be made to sell to us at W.D level,thats there option,if we don't play by the rules they will change our price level to jobber.Bill
    Hendrens Racing Engines
    1310 U.S. Hwy 221 North
    Rutherfordton N.C. 28139
    828-286-0780 Bill, Steve, Mike
    www.hendrensracingengines.com

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400
    A large amount of manufactures do this today,Dart,Brodix,Msd just to name a few. this only affects those of us who are warehouse distributors for there products. we cant advertise a product under Jobber and we cant sell under jobber unless its to another engine builder
    Yep,
    That is the way it is on most of the Hard Core Racing Products. I only WD the Hard Core and not the consumer products. There are exceptions though. Jegs, Sumit, Comp Products, Herbert can all advertise at Jobber and no one will slap their hands for it.

Ed
    " Let all things that hath breath, praise the Lord. Praise Ye the Lord" Psalms 150 vs 6.

Quote Originally Posted by billhendren
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadGMC

A large amount of manufactures do this today,Dart,Brodix,Msd just to name a few. this only affects those of us who are warehouse distributors for there products. we cant advertise a product under Jobber and we cant sell under jobber unless its to another engine builder.Callie's insists on Racers Net for Compstar and jobber for the remainder of there line. we could sell for less but they cant be made to sell to us at W.D level,thats there option,if we don't play by the rules they will change our price level to jobber.Bill
    Well, again, thats a violation of Federal Anti-Trust laws. If the WD guys would ban together, you could push the issue in federal court. Legally, they can only control advertised pricing, not actual sale price.

How would they even know in the first place? Do you really think a customer is going to bite the hand that feeds them the good deal?

like most of us, they'd prob tell everyone about the good deal they got.

I guess that's why I get better deals than most.

I know when to keep my mouth shut about actual pricing.

If someone asks how much I paid... My reply is simply "I got hooked up. See him and he'll take care of you."

Why fuck up a good thing, ya know?