Thread: Ethanol fuel??

Ethanol fuel??

I've heard of guys running a 50/50 mixture of ethanol and 91 octane pump gas in their cars. Anyone out there tried it? I guess its suppost to be like the M85 gas. I was told you can run your normal gas carb and jet up 3 sizes. This is suppost to give an extra tenth. :? [/u]

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    got a circle track friend that runs a 500 holley 2bbl and mixes it 60 % e85 and says it run better and cooler. when it's 100 out side and you're running around in circles for 20 laps he says no heating problems even when you are under yellow. he only had to go up 1 size to get the plugs to color right. he tried 2 and was a little too rich.

But what compression doe they run? And does it combust diferent than say C14?

Member CRAFTSMAN

Re: Ethanol fuel??

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog95
    I've heard of guys running a 50/50 mixture of ethanol and 91 octane pump gas in their cars. Anyone out there tried it? I guess its suppost to be like the M85 gas. I was told you can run your normal gas carb and jet up 3 sizes. This is suppost to give an extra tenth. :? [/u]
    I'm not sure about 50/50 mixture,but with e85 you need between 25 - 30% more fuel and 10-1 compression. e85 is about 105 octane and works well on the street or strip, but tends t be alittle corrosive you should run a poly or stainless steel fuel tank(maybe a rubber bladder fuel cell) and alcohol rated rubber fuel hose. You'll also need to run more timing and 2 step cooler plugs. I'm working on my set-up now, hope to have it ready for spring.

check these websites
    02-technology.com
    e85fuel.com
    classicmtrsprts.com
    quickfueltechnology.com

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    the ethanol will eat the foam in your fuel cell, youll need braided lines but it doesnt dirty up the carb as much as race fuel, finally high octane low price its kinda like a whole nother wal-mart all in its self
    gas is on the right
    brakes are for p#ssy's

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

E85

When running more ethenol you need to change your carb, ethenol is very close to the same as alcohol.
    In most cases we see people loose more power than they make due to incorrect fuel curvs.
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    info@cnc-motorsports.com

7. Racing Junk