Has anyone seen these ad's

Old 01-12-2008, 09:24 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Has anyone seen these ad's

Ad's for an engine diaper, now required in sportman classes @ $149.50.
It says they are NHRA approved but i see no SFI tag, is it a hoaks or does NHRA now approve a diaper without certification.

DRE if you are listening, i would love see a reply.

Zip.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:44 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I copied this from another site and I do own a non-sfi diaper also.

Ok 2008 rule book....you read the ET section under "oil retention device" its says any vehichle "permitted" to run one see general regulations 1.8...SOOO...you go to General Regualtion 1.8 and all it does is lay out the spec for the device...it doesnt say a word about what vehicles are "permitted" to run one....and exaclty what does "permitted" mean here??? Does permitted mean its an OPTION???(I know it doesnt but it reads that way)

OK....just spoke to the Head Div 3 tech....here is the deal...they are "permitted" meaning you can CHOOSE to run one....BUT they are NOT REQUIRED on non advanced ET cars.

They ARE required on S/G, S/C, ADv ET...etc...

So the 9.99 rumor is NOT true.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:56 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks David,
But that rule is very vege, meaning that that they could disqualify the car in tech inspection, depending on who is inspecting the car. I know that they are not required in some classes, but i still think they should meet SFI if they are reguired, and not advertised, as NHRA approved.

I also have the 2008 rule book, since i'm a lic. NHRA driver.

Zip.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:22 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

NHRA has a list of accepted diapers on their website. Some are SFI certified and some aren't. They also have rule revisions that pertain to oil retention devices.....
Old 01-13-2008, 07:48 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

DRE is legit and 1st class. I got to meet them at PRI and talk to them. There diaper is NHRA approved. I know this because the tech guy at the NHRA booth sent me around the corner to see DRE.

Per this years rules, it is RECOMMENDED and NOT REQUIRED. The only time you are required a NHRA APPROVED diaper is 7.50 or faster which is advanced ET, comp, S/C and S/G racing. The SFI tag is not mandatory until you hit the alcohol and up classes. However, you should consult your home track or any place you plan to race. I know that as of right now, Norwalk( Summit Motorsports Park) required SFI approved on cars running 9.99 and faster in Super Pro and Comp.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:49 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Diaper

GOOD POST!
I had seen this Ad also,and since i'm Needing a Diaper this Topic is Very Needed!!!
THANKS Again!
Greg 8)
Old 01-13-2008, 08:30 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Has anyone seen these ad's

Originally Posted by zipper06
It says they are NHRA approved but i see no SFI tag, is it a hoaks or does NHRA now approve a diaper without certification.

Zip.

Zip,
They have both SFI approved and non-approved. I just bought the 149.00 diaper (was 164.00 with shipping) because it is only for my peace of mind.

Curtis
Old 01-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Scotty2
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Has anyone seen these ad's

Originally Posted by doorracer
Originally Posted by zipper06

Zip.

Zip,
They have both SFI approved and non-approved. I just bought the 149.00 diaper (was 164.00 with shipping) because it is only for my peace of mind.

Curtis
The non-approved are for your gensets with the 15' high exhaust pipe....what a bunch of BS ! :roll:
Old 01-15-2008, 12:08 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I sent a messege to price a SFI diaper and he tried to explain that I did not need one in any class super class or not, I sure hope he isnt telling others this.

All .. Super Classes 8.90 9.90 10.90 and Top Dragster/ Top Sportsman classes do need a SFI diaper, and on top of that any advanced ET cars running faster then 7.49 1/4 & 4.49 1/8th does need a SFI diaper also...
Old 01-15-2008, 04:16 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
I sent a messege to price a SFI diaper and he tried to explain that I did not need one in any class super class or not, I sure hope he isnt telling others this.

All .. Super Classes 8.90 9.90 10.90 and Top Dragster/ Top Sportsman classes do need a SFI diaper, and on top of that any advanced ET cars running faster then 7.49 1/4 & 4.49 1/8th does need a SFI diaper also...
David,

That is not correct. They only require an NHRA APPROVED diaper. The SFI is not rquired until you for TA/D or better. The only place that I know requires the SFI approved diaper for 9.99 and faster is Norwalk for Super Pro and Comp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -