more chinese stuff

Old 01-08-2008, 06:36 AM
deepockets
CRAFTSMAN

Default more chinese stuff

ya know for all the people that like to try to keep our money in the us and employe us citizens, here's a new one. i just recieved a new simpson bandet helmet to comply with the nhra 9.99 and quicker rule and upon recieving my helmet i find a sticker that says made in china. now i'm not saying it's not inspected and tested for saftey, only that it should be made public notice of it's origin before purchasing for all the people that fell as i do. i wonder if the paint if that's what it is, would be lead free like some chinese toys? could you imagine a day that the salesman might say, US OF FORIEN MADE! just like press 1 for english! i'm done here. just wonder what it will be like 50 years from now
Old 01-08-2008, 07:25 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Where do you think that computer was made that you're posting on now?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:41 AM
deepockets
CRAFTSMAN

indoneisia, sad is'nt it
Old 01-08-2008, 08:01 AM
gnsrule
SENIOR BUILDER

Where do you think that computer was made that you're posting on now?
Id rather have my head in an american made helmet than my computer box anyday.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:04 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I hear that a lot that i dont want stuff made in china well if they inspect a lot of parts on there race cars they will find out that a lot of there parts that they thought was made here is not.
Check on some of your MSD stuff and how big of name is that.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:16 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Here's the problem, which I think is misplaced.

We, as in the USA, have turned from a manufacturing based society to a consumer based society.

We've done this because of labor costs within this country. Business owners within this company have exploited the fact that 3rd world country labor rates are vastly less than ours.

To further this issue, the government has not put into a place any means to stop this, as it would be "against the spirit of the capitalistic enterprise system".

We have nobody to blame for this except us (us meaning the citizens of the USA) who continue to lust for cheap goods and higher pay for our own diminishing jobs.

So, either relish in the delight that your helmet meets SFI specs, and may or may not have been properly quality controlled overseas or within the USA by the importer, or come up with a means to start a manufacturing plant making the goods we need.

It's really easy to sit back and spectate and complain about the bad plays... It's totally different to pick up the ball and run with it.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:11 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

That is very much true .

I know a lot of people that would like to have the top name brands in the race parts but we also have a budget to work with and when you start looking at the brands like crower stef's jessel T&D Cola Dart world just to name a few these parts are also top of the price line .
And i also know that a lot of people dont really need these kind of parts for the power they are making but they dont want the cheaper parts because they think they are no good and in a lot of case's this just isn't so .

I have two years running on a set of 140.00 dollar rocker arms and they still are good with a 800 lift cam shaft now are they as good as a set of crowers no i dont think so but they also dont cost a thousand dollars either .

But like you said we all are to blame for it but we all dont want to work our tails off for no pay so we are kinda in a catch 22 we all we pay in one way or the other.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:03 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

Default us.

I think the U.S. sold out long ago.Look around,do you see many of the good paying American factories still around,if there is there's not many left.Most factories going strong today is Japanese Companies.Look at Toyota they move in to the U.S and is close to dominating the American car manufactures.I don't care how good or bad a foreign vehicle is supposed to be i am not going to buy one but obviously everyone else does.America has give their dollar to Japan.Now i understand that they employ alot of Americans and thats good because there wouldn't be nowhere to work but i do think that if there wasn't such thing as the American way that things would be different.People talk about Chinese cranks and rods,they are made with American steel because that is who is buying up all of our scrap causing a big demand driving up scrap prices and making all the products that we buy new cost us even more.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:07 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I don't think there is even a helmet made in America. Most if not all helmets come from Taiwan, china, and Italy.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:52 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I like that show on the travel called "Made in Ameircan" by John Ratzenberger, that show is proof that the american maufactorer is still alive and well just not in the big factories we were used to seeing on the 50 60 and 70's.
I worked for GE which is one of the biggest American based companies in the world for almost 10 years only to have them shut down our lamp making plant, box it up and move operations over sea's. there was no shame and no loyality to jobs here the only thing that matters is the bottom line. I dont buy anything GE anymore.
><Cp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -