Blower carbs

Old 01-03-2008, 03:48 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Blower carbs

I am new to blowers and I am looking for information on how to set up carbs to use on a 6-71. It currently has a couple Holley 600's on top and it seems to be running very rich. I think the carbs are flowing all barrels at an idle. Should the power valves be changed? This is a 355 cid with a B&M blower.
Thanks. fla1976
Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

SA Designs has a book,think it's called "Supercharging for the Street".Got mine at Barnes & Noble.Has a section in the back on setting up blower carbs.Not real confusing,but pretty detailed.Has Holleys and Carters.Has info on how to size powervalves,air bleeds,tuning idle mixture,the works.I would start there
Old 01-05-2008, 05:40 AM
dcarr511
JUNIOR BUILDER

One is to make the power valves " boost refrenced " which really isnt a terribly difficult mod to do, I can PM you the mod info if interested. The other is to use 10.5 Power Valves.

The 10.5 PV deal I heard from a guy who has been playing with Roots type blowers since the early 60's and has been using this method for over 30 yrs. I have never tried it, but in theory it should work fine.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:23 PM
johnnybaily
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: Blower carbs

Originally Posted by fla1976
I am new to blowers and I am looking for information on how to set up carbs to use on a 6-71. It currently has a couple Holley 600's on top and it seems to be running very rich. I think the carbs are flowing all barrels at an idle. Should the power valves be changed? This is a 355 cid with a B&M blower.
Thanks. fla1976
I would get rid of the 600s they are not enough cfm you need to go with 750's, also you need to ck engine vac wot to size PV you do not need PV it is only an option, street/strip or strictly strip. Tell me what your timing is total, and plug gap, so you know I run a 71 Nova 355 w/ 871 weiand.
High 9s 135 mph 60ft 1.210
Also what are percent are you at your pulleys o/u? I went thru hell just to get down the track after I finished my motor but it takes time and tunning, hope anything I said helps