Blower intake question

Old 12-31-2007, 11:52 AM
jp55
SHOW GUEST

Default Blower intake question

How does an Indy intake compare to a sheet metal intake? I know cost wise it's a big difference,but what about performance? Also curious on what you are guys running? Thanks Blown gas 540,871 blower,16 injector EFI
Old 12-31-2007, 03:45 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

MY BUDDY RUNS A SHEETMETAL TUNNEL RAM ON HIS PRO MOD,SAYS HE HAS MIXTURE DISTRIBUTION ISSUES.HE RUNS 2 STAGE FOGGER.DON'T KNOW ABOUT A BLOWER MOTOR
Old 01-01-2008, 08:45 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Those sheet metal intakes are really a peice of art and should sit on your living room coffee table....if you can get permission from the wife...

they are pricey however, and in a mild blower application I would get a bds intake, port match it and clean it up. You can still use your port nozzles . Im sure the indy intake is similar to the bds. The cast intake would be more rugged and withstand a blower backfire better. Yes I know you need to install the blow off plate, but that is like throwing a hand gernade into an open phone booth.
The sheet metal intakes would be used where you have an odd ball combination that no one else makes a cast intake for.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:29 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

The Indy intake is simply the hands down nicest intake you will ever own.

I wish I would have bought one at this point (Have a BDS tented floor now).
Old 01-05-2008, 10:15 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Intake

Bill,
Do you have any Info on the Indy Manifold?Does,Indy Cylinder Head Sell the Intake?I have yet to be able to find any Info?I was told a Guy had 1 For/Sale on here,but could NOT Find it?It was suppose to be on EGAY Also??
I think either the Indy of the Royal Ram?But,want to compare...?
Later
G 8)
Old 01-05-2008, 10:24 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Yes, they don't advertise them at all, but Indy Cylinder Heads does indeed make them. I believe the only thing on their site that is advertised is the Chrysler intakes. You'll have to call them to get current pricing, but I think they're around 1k-1200ish, depending on options.

Never heard of a Royal Ram.

A buddy of mine has the Littlefield version of mine (they look identical with nothing more than a casting insert change for the brand name). He's a 'collector of parts', and also has 2 Indy manifolds (one tall, one short), and a Hogan blower intake (I think it's for a big chief).

The Indy castings are really stout.

Here's the Indy on RJ for sale... It's for a big chief.

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/10662...-Manifold.html

You may want to make a post on www.insidetopalcohol.com and ask if anyone has one for sale.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:35 PM
knova70
SENIOR BUILDER

I have TBS intake The Blower Shop for my SBC and my friend has a BDS for his,comparing the 2 intakes,the TBS is alot better and it is tall enough to clear fabbed valvecovers and TBS makes the intake in to different versions,Just look em up on the web and look at them,I love the one I have it is real nice
Old 01-05-2008, 02:10 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Intake

The Royal Ram,is made by Roy Meirsch.
Later
G 8)
Old 01-06-2008, 02:14 PM
ccso640
JOURNEYMAN

This might sound crazy but my blower intake is a Trick Flow tunnel ram with a plate welded to the top for the blower to bolt up to. I have a big block Ford with A460 heads, nobody makes a blower intake for these heads so apparently someone fabbed this up. It was on a running car and I bought it complete, blower, everything. Got if from Cliff Hall, Hall Brothers Racing. Still don't have my motor together, guess it will run as good as any other intake. Chris