Does courtesy exist?

Old 12-04-2007, 05:45 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Default Does courtesy exist?

Anyone else besides me get tired of guys that take up your time with a lot of questions and then negotiate prices not to be heard from again? Where does courtesy come into play where you ask someone for a day or two and then reply back whether or not you want to purchase the item? You have to treat every question as a potential buyer but I think that a little courtesy sure goes a long way. I just sold an item( made an honor payment) and covered shipping because the guy showed a little courtesy. Is it just me?????
Old 12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

Default courtesy

No it is not just you and it is not just on this site,just look at how people drive and how they act in stores and how they let their kids act.I think these days that most people don't even know or care what coustesy means.As long as they get or do what they want they just think of themselves and no one else,and i guess that this would include most of the world.I think the way people act these days will only get worse with the generations to come,after all you have to be taught how to act and that is where the problem exists.Everyone wants to have kids but they don't want to raise them.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:31 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I've had some nitrous bottles sold 3 times .. money is in the mail, hopefully this time it sticks !! along with a rotating assembly. This is the only issue I have with some of the people on this site, BS'ers and window shoppers shouldnt offer what they dont have !!

Shawn I sent another local your way on the car..
Old 12-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Gdaddy
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

i Wish i had a dollar for every guy that was coming to buy my stuff
Old 12-05-2007, 02:26 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

It isn't the fact that "everyone wants to buy it" but rather the fact that they just stop communications without giving you any idea what they liked, don't like or if they want it or not. Communication goes a long way and helps both parties.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:43 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

you know some people are just never taught to be polite, nice, respectful, or even to care what anybody else thinks~~~~~sounds like some of the gripers we get on here that just complain about anything when they get ripped off---SORRY I DIDN'T TAKE MY MEDS TODAY YET :roll: :roll: :roll:

WE LIVE IN VERY UNCARING AND RUDE GENERATION BECAUSE THERE PARENTS DID NOT TEACH THEM ANYTHING/MY MOM WOULD KNOCK ME IN THE HEAD IF I WAS RUDE TO ANYBODY-"YOU WEREN'T RAISED THAT WAY SON"-THEN WACK :shock: :shock :shock: :shock:

LIVELY
Old 12-05-2007, 02:46 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Lively, I am 30 years old and still fear my mother if I say something wrong. LOL. You are right. Maybe I am just a little different and those older then me were raised to be a little more respectful. Maybe it is a regional thing and the way people do business.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:18 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

SHAWNP---I AM 53 AND STIIL RESPECT MY MOM[ PERIOD] :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

it all starts with, treat them like you would want to be treated, or
do un to others as others will do un to you, but you disrespect me,
i'll give you the same, i think when they call about parts don't leave
anyone hanging or let them hold it from them and never hear
from them again, can't we all just get along 8)