Thread: fox bodied mustang

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

fox bodied mustang

I recently built an 83 mustang with a 427CI SBF and a 300 spray of nitrous. With motor only the car runs 6.6 in 1/8th. As soon as I try to run nitrous the car smokes the tires. I have tried MT's, Hoosiers quick time pro, and I still can't get the car to hook up. What is everyone out there running for tires that will hook and not spin. I am getting sort of tired of buying tires. I am trying to run in the street legal class and I am limited to a 10.5 DOT tire. The car weights 3200 with driver and made 691HP on dyno, without NOS. I am looking into a suspension change, but I am limited to "stock" suspension. I am running a 9 in ford rear with 3.73 gears, should I move around, up or down. Holcomb motorsports sells a "weld-in" upper torque box that is adjustable, has anyone tried this? Can anyone help me???????? Chuck

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Has it got frame connectors??????????

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

fox bodied mustang

yeah, it has a 8 point cage, subframe connectors, and beafed up lower torque box plates.

I have a 91 Mustang that makes around 650hp and I hit it with 175 hp shot of nitrous and the car loves it, it never spins a bit. For suspension I have QA1 adjustable coil overs, QA! adjustables in the back, a rear anti-roll bar, 10 point cage, sub-fram connectors, and adjustable upper and lower control arms, I have reinforced upper and lower torque boxs, and I scaled the car as well. I don't know the extent you have gone to with your car but I am very confident I could throw another 150-175 hp at my car and it would still hook.

Oh yeah, I run 28x10.5 MT ET drags.