STREET STOCK RACING CHEATS/TIPS?

Old 11-05-2007, 10:52 AM
BD74SS
APPRENTICE

Default STREET STOCK RACING CHEATS/TIPS?

ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY STREET STOCK RACING CHEATS/TIPS. SUCH AS SPRINGS, SHOCKS, SWAYBARS ETC. FOR 78-88 GM METRIC CARS. THAT ARE CHEAP AND APPEAR STOCK.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:50 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

You refering to dirt track racing correct?

I do know that most stock type classes stipulate stock heads or at least stock "appearing" and stock valve locationing.
I've known some who will have their heads ported but with a abrassive media rather the typical grinding assoiciated with porting that looks so obvious, its stock appearing and they are getting some pretty good flow numbers out of stock "APPEARING" heads. Also they'll use it on the manifold as well.
Its called extrude honing.
Look into it.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

There are a lot of things you can do to improve handling. I would suggest going to www,4m.net to the tech board. there are a lot of knowledgeable guys there.

http://www.4m.net/index.php
Old 11-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

If ya can't beat em...cheat em. :shock:
Old 11-12-2007, 05:42 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

being from a round track background..the most clever cheatin i saw was one of two things...
as you know wheel weights are a big thing in round track ..the left side vs right..which means all the handling difference in the world in the turns..

well some very crafty friends of mine developed a 100/lb piece of lead that they bolted to the middle of car in cockpit which the car weighed 100% right...
well little did anyone know including tech..the 100lb weight was able to be slid left or right..they had it mounted this way...so when the driver would get in the car he would reach back and slide the weight to where their sweet spot was and lock it down...when the race was over he would slide it back into place for the weighing ..cause they were in the money each week...they had it cleverly hidden like it was part of the inner chassis .

if your gonna cheat it up in round tracking ( street stock class) i would figure it out in the suspension...
or just be straight out wrong in the motor...just be sure not to have too much $$$$ in it unless you get caught and they take motor.... if you run 3rd/4th you will not get pulled anyhow...but you win each week someone will pull you..

you also have the fuel to tinker with ..our local NASCAR track doesn't check fuel ...i sold guys 54 gallon drums of VP C-44...Which cost $55 per gallon retail....but again these were big spending late model guys...
you can try some oxgenated fuels at the 104 octane level..this fuel has picked up many stocker motors..will require a litle tinkering with carb jetting and air mixture..

please keep in mind since youy are running a stock class..STAY AWAY from the leaded 110 octane they sell at most round tracks...more than likley you are running a 9 to1 or 10 to 1 max compression motor and you would be much quicker running pump gas 93 octane .
octane is of no value to lower compression motors and will slow you down.
just my take on it.

also its not cheatin unless you get caught ,,otherwise its racing !

Brian

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

It depends on your rule book and it's enforcement. I never felt good about cheating but when everyone does you need an even playing field.

I believe Speedway Motors has stock replacement springs of different rates that appear original. I would suggest the best shock you can afford.

The biggest one thing that will help you the most is getting that car on a diet especially in the front end. If rules allow and you don't use it throw it out. Get it to minimum weight allowed. Next is engine set back if allowed. Try to at least get to 53% front and 53% left weight with out adding ballast behind the rear wheels. Most good cars are built on wheel scales. This means keep track of weight coming off and going on. A good handling car can make gobs of horsepower and hook it up. I've seen guys claim engines and be sadly disappointed because the car it was in went around the corner faster.

As far as picking springs and setting a car up your in for a drastic learning curve. You could get a basic ball park from someone that runs a car like yours, but you will want spring options for each wheel and wheel offset differences to choose from, and stager differences for the rear. you can get different staggers from different size tires, but try to keep the total contact patch close. 50 , 60 , 75 series 15 inch or 14 inch. This is an invaluable tool to tighten or loosen the rear on exit.

Here is another spot for some good info.
http://www.dirtracingforum.com/
Old 11-15-2007, 03:48 PM
dwsgmc
SHOW GUEST

Default metric chassis set up

where can i get info on the set ups for a metric chassis short track dirt car