Thread: anyone heard of any problems with the new merlin x bbc alum

anyone heard of any problems with the new merlin x bbc alum

any negative issues known with anyone about the new merlin x aluminum bbc blocks?

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400
    Topsportsman 1 here has one he will probably sell if you ask him.

Ed
    " Let all things that hath breath, praise the Lord. Praise Ye the Lord" Psalms 150 vs 6.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    I was looking at getting one a couple of years ago, but they apparently were having problems with them, and would not release any, they needed more testing, so I waited, and waited, and waited,,, I gave up and bought a brodix, dart is also good , still don`t know anyone who has one... maybe a reason for that.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Sort of like the 16 degree, conventional style, Merlin X BBC aluminumn heads. I waited and waited and waited, 9 months, called every week. Never got them. Finaly called and said forget it. I still see the advertised, in the latest Summit and Comp Products book, and, I call, Comp Prod. says they can order them, and Summit says, there computer says, they no longer exist. I said, they never did exist.

Anyone know if they came out with any? I am sure the Dart 18 degree, conventional head is better, but, for the reasonable cost of the Merlin X's, I was going to play around with them. If they did come out.

As for the block, I would just spend the extra dough, and get the Dart, or Brodix block.

Frank
    Advanced Performance
    www.get-ap.com