Woodsman's new times

Old 11-03-2007, 06:42 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Woodsman's new times

Well guy's I went back to the track and run a little better than before. I got to make one pass and it went 60' 1.52 1/8th 6.30 @ 114.81 so I have made a big improvement in my programing. I was going for my 2nd run and both floats stuck and flooded my engine out. So will have to work on my fuel system now. Also I am running a new Pro hat from Steve Morris and did not blow any gaskets. Anyway had a good time and feel alot better about it all now.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Always wondered how you ran 112 mph and only 7 something E.T.

Figured there was a ton left in there.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:53 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

wow !! made up a full second and only 2 mph...yes lord yes ,that thing has a bunch in it.....if i would have to guess your pass went like this..you
left the line either spun or took it real easy,,,half way down the track you felt better about it and pressed the gas on down..the nova got to strolling and you either ran out of track or backed off.....either way your 330 mark it was pulling...i,'m i close ?

congrats..Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-03-2007, 08:10 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Wes,

Congrats!!!!!!!

I bet there is even more left in that ride.

Awesome news!!!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 11:26 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by bjuice
wow !! made up a full second and only 2 mph...yes lord yes ,that thing has a bunch in it.....if i would have to guess your pass went like this..you
left the line either spun or took it real easy,,,half way down the track you felt better about it and pressed the gas on down..the nova got to strolling and you either ran out of track or backed off.....either way your 330 mark it was pulling...i,'m i close ?

congrats..Brian
Well it went kinda like this. I was thinking all big till I got up to the stageing lanes and there was a oil down that had to be cleaned up.So the butterfly's got a little larger like the size of buzzards so I changed my plan to no converter on the trans brake and just took off from an idle and I think I let off a little before the 1/8th and coasted to a 11.07 @ 77 mph 1/4 mile. Well one thing is for sure I am bring the numbers down each time I get to the track.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:48 AM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

Haven't you ever run the car in the 1/4?? Not trying to be smart,but I see alot of guys 1/8th miling it. I only ran my cars 1 time in the 1/8th. Felt rather strange as well. That was in fairmont WVa about 15 years ago. Matter of fact it was in my 73 Gran Sport,which I just put back on the street. I didn't do too well either..
Old 11-03-2007, 01:23 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by woodsman
Originally Posted by bjuice

congrats..Brian
Well it went kinda like this. I was thinking all big till I got up to the stageing lanes and there was a oil down that had to be cleaned up.So the butterfly's got a little larger like the size of buzzards so I changed my plan to no converter on the trans brake and just took off from an idle and I think I let off a little before the 1/8th and coasted to a 11.07 @ 77 mph 1/4 mile. Well one thing is for sure I am bring the numbers down each time I get to the track.

Hey Wes you keep them butterflys !!...they will keep you alive and your car un-hurt !..i have ran as fast as 4.98 and had the same jitters as my last street car pass at 5.99.....so no shame there my friend..
its all about the respect....LOSE RESPECT AND LOSE YOUR RIDE/LIFE...ohh did i steal that phrase from someone...lol

NICE PROGRESS WES KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-03-2007, 07:25 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by bignastygs
That was in fairmont WVa about 15 years ago. Matter of fact it was in my 73 Gran Sport,which I just put back on the street. I didn't do too well either..
Fairmont WVa????? Don't tell me you ran at Eldora??? Man that's where I ran my 68 GTO. 'Course that was 35 years ago instead of 15. :P :P I don't thiink the strip is there anymore. Had a lot of fun times there.

Hey Wesley, good show!!! Everything in good time Bud. When you're ready it'll be there!

George
Old 11-03-2007, 07:47 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Congratulations, Woodsman. You're getting there...
Old 11-04-2007, 01:05 AM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

Congratulations, Wes! 6.30's in the 1/8th is still FLYIN' in my book! Keep us posted my friend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -