Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Woodsman's new times

  1. #1
    Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    525

    Woodsman's new times

    Well guy's I went back to the track and run a little better than before. I got to make one pass and it went 60' 1.52 1/8th 6.30 @ 114.81 so I have made a big improvement in my programing. I was going for my 2nd run and both floats stuck and flooded my engine out. So will have to work on my fuel system now. Also I am running a new Pro hat from Steve Morris and did not blow any gaskets. Anyway had a good time and feel alot better about it all now.
    Wesley
    60' 1.30
    5.58 @ 127.89

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,143
    Always wondered how you ran 112 mph and only 7 something E.T.

    Figured there was a ton left in there.

  3. #3
    Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenville s.c.
    Posts
    3,239
    wow !! made up a full second and only 2 mph...yes lord yes ,that thing has a bunch in it.....if i would have to guess your pass went like this..you
    left the line either spun or took it real easy,,,half way down the track you felt better about it and pressed the gas on down..the nova got to strolling and you either ran out of track or backed off.....either way your 330 mark it was pulling...i,'m i close ?


    congrats..Brian
    Bjuice..

    "I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

  4. #4
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    1,125
    Wes,

    Congrats!!!!!!!

    I bet there is even more left in that ride.

    Awesome news!!!!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by bjuice
    wow !! made up a full second and only 2 mph...yes lord yes ,that thing has a bunch in it.....if i would have to guess your pass went like this..you
    left the line either spun or took it real easy,,,half way down the track you felt better about it and pressed the gas on down..the nova got to strolling and you either ran out of track or backed off.....either way your 330 mark it was pulling...i,'m i close ?


    congrats..Brian
    Well it went kinda like this. I was thinking all big till I got up to the stageing lanes and there was a oil down that had to be cleaned up.So the butterfly's got a little larger like the size of buzzards so I changed my plan to no converter on the trans brake and just took off from an idle and I think I let off a little before the 1/8th and coasted to a 11.07 @ 77 mph 1/4 mile. Well one thing is for sure I am bring the numbers down each time I get to the track.
    Wesley
    60' 1.30
    5.58 @ 127.89

  6. #6
    Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Loganton, Pa
    Posts
    113
    Haven't you ever run the car in the 1/4?? Not trying to be smart,but I see alot of guys 1/8th miling it. I only ran my cars 1 time in the 1/8th. Felt rather strange as well. That was in fairmont WVa about 15 years ago. Matter of fact it was in my 73 Gran Sport,which I just put back on the street. I didn't do too well either..

  7. #7
    Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenville s.c.
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bjuice
    wow !! made up a full second and only 2 mph...yes lord yes ,that thing has a bunch in it.....if i would have to guess your pass went like this..you
    left the line either spun or took it real easy,,,half way down the track you felt better about it and pressed the gas on down..the nova got to strolling and you either ran out of track or backed off.....either way your 330 mark it was pulling...i,'m i close ?


    congrats..Brian
    Well it went kinda like this. I was thinking all big till I got up to the stageing lanes and there was a oil down that had to be cleaned up.So the butterfly's got a little larger like the size of buzzards so I changed my plan to no converter on the trans brake and just took off from an idle and I think I let off a little before the 1/8th and coasted to a 11.07 @ 77 mph 1/4 mile. Well one thing is for sure I am bring the numbers down each time I get to the track.


    Hey Wes you keep them butterflys !!...they will keep you alive and your car un-hurt !..i have ran as fast as 4.98 and had the same jitters as my last street car pass at 5.99.....so no shame there my friend..
    its all about the respect....LOSE RESPECT AND LOSE YOUR RIDE/LIFE...ohh did i steal that phrase from someone...lol

    NICE PROGRESS WES KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

    Brian
    Bjuice..

    "I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

  8. #8
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by bignastygs
    That was in fairmont WVa about 15 years ago. Matter of fact it was in my 73 Gran Sport,which I just put back on the street. I didn't do too well either..
    Fairmont WVa????? Don't tell me you ran at Eldora??? Man that's where I ran my 68 GTO. 'Course that was 35 years ago instead of 15. :P :P I don't thiink the strip is there anymore. Had a lot of fun times there.

    Hey Wesley, good show!!! Everything in good time Bud. When you're ready it'll be there!

    George
    http://www.gdmii.com/pics/81launchvidcapsig.jpg
    1981 Camaro @ 2594 lbs.
    496 cu. in. on 1150 Rupert alky
    Brodix BB2X heads touched by the magic hands of Curtis Boggs
    5.470@125.56 Best 60' 1.18
    www.motorsportsvillage.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mytmouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pelahatchie, MS
    Posts
    980
    Congratulations, Woodsman. You're getting there...
    If you think nobody cares, try missing a payment...

  10. #10
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Faribault, Mn.
    Posts
    227
    Congratulations, Wes! 6.30's in the 1/8th is still FLYIN' in my book! Keep us posted my friend!
    You lift,...you lose.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Email us - Support@RacingJunk.com
Call us - 866.326.9227
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy