ATI procharger build time question?

Old 10-29-2007, 03:45 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Default ATI procharger build time question?

Hello,
My question is how long do you have to wait for a procharger to be built and sent to you? I ordered this from a vendor (unnamed for now) the 2nd of July. I have 3 cancelled checks totalling $10,018.00 for a F-2 Procharger with intercooler, C&S carb, boost referenced Regulator, MSD Digitail 7 with boost control, Magna fuel Prostar 500, Comp blower cam, Dart intake and MSD map sensor. As of right now I received the intake, cam, regulator and the C&S carb. After hearing it was in 2 weeks ago from procharger, and then being told that it was another customers. Then last week hearing it's in and to be sent out Wed. I live about 250 miles from there. I neither have the rest of my parts or know where they are. Is this too long waiting on this part? I've been patient, but now my wife wants to know what the money was spent on. What do I do from here? :x :cry:
Old 10-29-2007, 06:01 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Are they in Colorado by any chance?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:20 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

All I can say is it took me 7 or 8 weeks for my F2 to come in. I hope you get yours soon.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:54 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Everything is cool. UPS strikes again, and caused the problem. This has been 4 months for me to get it. I hope like heck this thing is worth the time and money. 18 PSI in street trim on a 7 to 1 463. Was told it would/could make around 1100 HP. On the 28PSI race cogs, maybe 1500-1600HP. If so, I'll never need to build another toy for racing.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:53 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

what cha doing for a harmonic balancer,,,or ya running a crank hub ?...had some friends running similiar set up and kept shearing grade 8 bolts on balancer ( billiet).......i say go with crank hub to avoid this possible problem.

ohh by the way when they called ATI ..they stated it was a common problem and to work around it....HEY CAN'T BLAME ATI BECAUSE THEIR STUFF IS PUTTING THE POWER OUT...

just be smart by being preventive !

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-30-2007, 03:38 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

It showed up a few minutes ago. AMEN. I'm running a fluid dampner and ARP bolt. The bottom end of my motor was under a 1471 blower making 28PSI of boost and after having it freshened, found out it only has 1 key in the crank. The motor builder has a jig to drill a hole between the crank and dampner. He then can drive a dole into it and make very solid for the big boost. I'm going to take it easy on it for a while. Then take it to have the timing curve on the MSD changed for best performance. Thanks
Old 11-03-2007, 04:53 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

:x Don't want to keep bashing this, but, I checked my box and only got 2/3ths of my parts. The intercooler is the wrong piece and now will have to see how to exchange this 1 for the right 1. The poor part is my Digital 7 MSD and the MSD map sensor was sent to the wrong customer? They knew this at the first of the week. Thats nearly $900 and nobody can tell me when I going to get it. I guess when the other customer decides to return it? And I'm not planning on accepting anything that has been opened either. I paid for new parts and thats what I want. This company has had very good reviews on here and I'm not saying anymore, but thier time at taking care of problems sux. At this rate it'll be the end of next season to get any more parts from them and the motor will need to be rebuilt just to try and start it. I think next time I'll go with someone that has sorry feedback so I know where I stand up front.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

I and others want to know who this is to prevent this from happenin to us.???
Old 11-05-2007, 04:35 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

You say your 250 miles from them.
Get in your car and drive down and do not leave without your parts.

Raise a stink if you have to but they have had 4 months to get your stuff to you.

You may want to have an atty send them a demand letter if nothing else works.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:30 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: ATI procharger build time question?

Originally Posted by insane4fbodys
I have 3 cancelled checks totalling $10,018.00
Therein lies your problem!

Had you paid with a credit card, and yes, I know many ppl don't like to use them, but had you used a credit card you would have some recourse as if you hadn't received those parts within 60 days you could have filed a complaint to have the charges reversed! You can't reverse that check and would have to go to court to have anything done about it, which is more money that you likely wouldn't get back under any circumstances.

We never know how this stuff is going to play out when we place an order like this. I've had several things happen in the past couple of years that using a credit card saved my ass on. One was worth $1,000! And I almost lost my ass on a $1500 cash deal on a set of 15* SBC heads that were junk with a business in NY called Redline Performance. Took me about 4 months to get my money back on that deal, and was lucky I got a dime.

Using a credit card is the best way to go, IMHO. That way you do have recourse if the deal goes south!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -