Looking for 800 Horsepower on pump gas.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:07 PM
kwillymac
JOURNEYMAN

Default Looking for 800 Horsepower on pump gas.

I am looking to make 800 horsepower on my 540 BBC.

Block GM 502
Crank Scat Crank 4.25 stroke
Rods Scat Rods
Pistons J&E 10:1 Compression
Heads Dart Pro 1 335 CNC Ported
Cam Comp Cams Roller 260/268 @.050 .714/.714 Lift 108 centerline
Intake Dart 4150
Carb 1000 CFM Race Demon
Distributor MSD Billet Distributor with 6AL Box
Exhaust 2 1/8 Hooker Super Comps with 3" Flowmasters

I am wondering if there is any suggestions. I think maybe the intake and carb may be a problem. I was thinking about a Sniper or Super Victor with a Dominator.

This will be run on 93 octane gas.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:22 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

I think you may be looking for a tall order with that low of compression.

Why in the world do you want 10.00 -1 ? If I built a 10.00 -1 street engine it better run ok on 87 octane. Actually that is just about what my street work truck motors have and use regular 87 octane in heavy vehicles.

Your parts list does not look bad except that your block is rated below 800 hp. I guess it will take it as far as I know. I am not sure.

I do not have any experience wit that intake but the cylinder head/manifold guys I have talked with about it prefer the Super Victor, Wilson, or Profiller. I do not know.

I like the cam selection for this if you would give it some more compression. With that low of compression, you sure don't need a bad to the bone cam bleeding of more low rpm effective compression. That compression will likely give you lack luster response with a big carb too.

Ed
Old 10-14-2007, 05:53 AM
kwillymac
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by edvancedengines
I think you may be looking for a tall order with that low of compression.

Why in the world do you want 10.00 -1 ? If I built a 10.00 -1 street engine it better run ok on 87 octane. Actually that is just about what my street work truck motors have and use regular 87 octane in heavy vehicles.

Your parts list does not look bad except that your block is rated below 800 hp. I guess it will take it as far as I know. I am not sure.

I do not have any experience wit that intake but the cylinder head/manifold guys I have talked with about it prefer the Super Victor, Wilson, or Profiller. I do not know.

I like the cam selection for this if you would give it some more compression. With that low of compression, you sure don't need a bad to the bone cam bleeding of more low rpm effective compression. That compression will likely give you lack luster response with a big carb too.

Ed
If I can run 11:1 on 93 octane I have no problems doing that. I just don't want a mixture of gas. When this is done it will be on a dyno.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:13 AM
badrad
JOURNEYMAN

Check this article out http://www.off-roadweb.com/tech/0410...evy/index.html
Old 10-14-2007, 08:41 AM
kwillymac
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by badrad
At 9.6:1 and 740 Horsepower maybe at 11.0:1 I can get there. I just don't want peaky horsepower. I want good averages through the RPM range.