Ubetcha is a crook

Old 10-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Ubetcha is a crook

Ubetcha out of Westminster,Md. sold me a supposed 86 Monte Carlo SS a little over a month ago. A friend of mine picked it up for me so I only got to see it in the pictures. When i see it in person the first thing I notice is the tailights and trunk are from an 87 which I was never told, and it doesn't have gauges just idiot lights. Also there is evidence the car was green at one time which no SS ever was green. I call him up and tell him and the first thing he says is a guy looked at the VIN in the trunk and said it was a SS. I say yea but the trunk is off an SS and doesn't match the title or dash VIN. The VIN on the title comes up non SS 86 Monte Carlo. He agrees to buy the car back then keeps making excuses and finally he gives my # to some guy that was supposed to buy the car and he strung him out for a week after I had the car. Then the guy tells me that Ubetcha told him I paid $200. less for the car than I did and I just wanted my money back but didn't tell him it wasn't an SS. He won't call me back and or pick up his fake car so I think I waited long enough. Don't buy from this crook.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:35 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

IMO sounds like another case of a buyer not looking at what he got
You CAN NOT trust anyone anymore look it over good before buying and if you send someone else have them look it over.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

It has to do with trust. I've bought many cars and products of the internet and haven't had a problem till lately. This guy swore it was a SS and I was out of town that weekend so I had a buddy who was dropping off a car close to him pick it up for me. The deal was done he didn't know the difference and the thing that made me the maddest was all the lies and not just to me but the other guy. He sold his car at a discount price to buy the fake car after he already sold it to me. I guess he was going to give my money back because he had a buyer for more money lined up, but I wouldn't bring the car back because I had already spent $100. on fuel for this lier so I wanted him to pick it up. I wasn't going to lose any more money on the deal.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:29 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

That sucks for you...but if you bought it without looking at it you were sorta asking for it (sorry). I am not defending the guy...but MAAAYBEEE...he just doesn't know what he is looking at.? Maybe he honestly thought it was an SS.? Doubtfull but possible. My moto: Trust Nobody.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

Well when I found out and called him to tell him about it the first thing he said was the numbers in the trunk are for an SS. Why wouldn't you check the VIN on the dash? Because the trunk lid is off an SS. The numbers are different from the dash which comes up 86 non SS. The problem with him is the lying about everything to me as well as the other guy that was supposed to buy the car before me.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Gimmethakick
Well when I found out and called him to tell him about it the first thing he said was the numbers in the trunk are for an SS. Why wouldn't you check the VIN on the dash? Because the trunk lid is off an SS. The numbers are different from the dash which comes up 86 non SS. The problem with him is the lying about everything to me as well as the other guy that was supposed to buy the car before me.
What I was getting at is...maybe HE is stupid,and doesn't know any better with regards to the vin. But more than likely just a crook.