454r....OR.Profiler

Old 10-08-2007, 06:54 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default 454r....OR.Profiler

i am about to purchase an intake for my 511CI bbc..

i have heard GREAT THINGS ABOUT THE
#1- 454R
#2- Profiler "Sniper' or "Hitman"...they recommend the "Sniper JR" for my 511ci...http://www.profilerperformance.com/b...ntake-206.html

Please tell me your thoughts between the two.....i am leaning toward the 454r just beacuse i have heard more people speak about them..

i am also converting to alcohol but cannot decide if i want my current Braswell Gas carb converted to Alcohol or purchase a new alcohol...
REASON FOR STRUGGLING HERE is that i might want to go back to gas someday..

thoughts here are appreciated...i have thought about the following companies for the carb deal...George Ruppert, BO-LAW, kEN jONES..
Any thoughts here ??

i spoke with my head guy today and he told me from his mouth my TEAM "G' was "JUNK' beleive it or not i was GLAD TO HEAR THIS cause i been running a 6.07et at 115 mph @3k lbs with the 'JUNK" INTAKE.....SO I AM EXCITED WHAT HOLDS NEXT....he also said i could expect around 50 to 70 ft lbs of TQ increase going to alcohol...the HP would come from the change of intake.

This Sunday i am going to make a pass with the wider tires, tranbreak and the junk team "G' intake...so at least i will know how much the intake and the Alcohol will help me out...

I Live out in the country now and got the 67' camaro out on a 1/4 mile stretch on a flat country road with my pa in law yesterday...I LET IT EAT A LITTLE...i shifted at 7400 and let me tell you we had her flying low...i had about 9 lbs of air in those 17x33's...when i got in high gear it started to move around at the 125 mph mark..i was use to this feeling but he wasn't....and i let off shortly after getting into HIGH gear..we did not come close to holding it down the enitre 1/4.. but doesn't take long to get to the mph from a roll....i was tempted to hold on down a little longer but we was well fast enough with no saftey equipment on such as helmets ,firesuits etc......

the road is long and staright with cornfields on both sides...so all was safe...for those reading and shaking their heads...

my pa- in-law has some serious health problems...the Doctors have not given him very long to live..SO I WANTED TO LET HIM EXPERIENCE WHAT A 500CI MOTOR FEELS LIKE PULLING AT 7300PRM WITH OPEN HEADERS..

HE MAY GO TOMMORROW or it could be next week or whenever ...but he TOLD ME HE HAS NEVER HAD A RUSH LIKE THIS IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE...My wife said he was calling all his friends today and would not shut up about his experience with me yesterday....i am so happy i could do this for him..the only thing i wish i could have done is had him and me in suit and a helmet and found out where the 511 STOPPED PULLING.....

...and i have to admit it made my willy tingle too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-08-2007, 07:08 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Hey Brian you know I don't know anything. But was wondering if you are going to do all of this before next saturday so I can see if my numbers was on the money and if not how for off. Sounds like you want to step it up a bit now. Have fun and hang on brother.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:59 AM
excelerater
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

team Gs R junk.....
454R fits a 511 well,profiler might be too large and spendy
Old 10-09-2007, 03:08 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Super Victor

Ed
Old 10-09-2007, 08:49 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I like the 454R its a good intake out of box for that size motor.
I've used the 454R and the Sniper just never the Sniper Jr.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:05 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

ok its settled..i purchased a brand new 454r intake from a man in California today for $215.00..this inludes shipping...its never been bolted on and has been tapped at the bosses for a fogger or injection...

not the BEST DEAL in the world but a DECENT deal in my opinion...it would have cost me $260.00 plus shipping from jegs..so i saved about $50.00 bucks...

cannot wait to see how it will pick me up....as i said before i am going to run this Sunday and make notes on all my 60's etc....so i will know for sure how the intake helped me..

ok guys how about the Alcohol carb deal ???

Brian

Old 10-09-2007, 02:40 PM
123car
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default RIDE WITH FATHER IN LAW

Hey Brian,
Glad you were able to take your father in law for a ride. That had to be a rush for him. I wish I had ben able to do the same for my dad before he passed. Take care, Mike
Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

thank u Mike..i wish i could bottle that feeling up and just sip on it all day long..ya know what i mean ?

Brian

Old 10-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: 454r....OR.Profiler

Originally Posted by bjuice
i am about to purchase an intake for my 511CI bbc..

i have heard GREAT THINGS ABOUT THE
#1- 454R
#2- Profiler "Sniper' or "Hitman"...they recommend the "Sniper JR" for my 511ci...http://www.profilerperformance.com/b...ntake-206.html

Please tell me your thoughts between the two.....i am leaning toward the 454r just beacuse i have heard more people speak about them..

i am also converting to alcohol but cannot decide if i want my current Braswell Gas carb converted to Alcohol or purchase a new alcohol...
REASON FOR STRUGGLING HERE is that i might want to go back to gas someday..

thoughts here are appreciated...i have thought about the following companies for the carb deal...George Ruppert, BO-LAW, kEN jONES..
Any thoughts here ??

i spoke with my head guy today and he told me from his mouth my TEAM "G' was "JUNK' beleive it or not i was GLAD TO HEAR THIS cause i been running a 6.07et at 115 mph @3k lbs with the 'JUNK" INTAKE.....SO I AM EXCITED WHAT HOLDS NEXT....he also said i could expect around 50 to 70 ft lbs of TQ increase going to alcohol...the HP would come from the change of intake.

This Sunday i am going to make a pass with the wider tires, tranbreak and the junk team "G' intake...so at least i will know how much the intake and the Alcohol will help me out...

I Live out in the country now and got the 67' camaro out on a 1/4 mile stretch on a flat country road with my pa in law yesterday...I LET IT EAT A LITTLE...i shifted at 7400 and let me tell you we had her flying low...i had about 9 lbs of air in those 17x33's...when i got in high gear it started to move around at the 125 mph mark..i was use to this feeling but he wasn't....and i let off shortly after getting into HIGH gear..we did not come close to holding it down the enitre 1/4.. but doesn't take long to get to the mph from a roll....i was tempted to hold on down a little longer but we was well fast enough with no saftey equipment on such as helmets ,firesuits etc......

the road is long and staright with cornfields on both sides...so all was safe...for those reading and shaking their heads...

my pa- in-law has some serious health problems...the Doctors have not given him very long to live..SO I WANTED TO LET HIM EXPERIENCE WHAT A 500CI MOTOR FEELS LIKE PULLING AT 7300PRM WITH OPEN HEADERS..

HE MAY GO TOMMORROW or it could be next week or whenever ...but he TOLD ME HE HAS NEVER HAD A RUSH LIKE THIS IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE...My wife said he was calling all his friends today and would not shut up about his experience with me yesterday....i am so happy i could do this for him..the only thing i wish i could have done is had him and me in suit and a helmet and found out where the 511 STOPPED PULLING.....

...and i have to admit it made my willy tingle too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Brian
Let him make a pass at the track. 125 mph is cool but not as cool as a 1.20-1.30 60' :shock: (I am guessing here based on your e.t)
Old 10-18-2007, 07:29 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

acutally Tod you are very close....a 1.32 on gas and a team "g" intake.
swaping to a 454 "r" ported and a brand new custom 1150 APD alcohol carb...i would like to get into the mid to high 1.20's 60 ft's...i do realize i am almost tapped out being naturally aspirated...but i feel with the next change i might see some 1.28's realistically on a well prepared track...

i am trying to stay away from the NOS...i have just seen shorter engine lives with this stuff...with the alcohol..i just need to keep a good eye on my oil and change it often...no problem here at 25.00 bucks an oil change ( approx)..
John at APD was really helpful ( insighful) when i ordered my carb this morning..so i am excited to say the least..

thanks brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -