Thread: BLOWERS

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

BLOWERS

COULD SOMEONE TELL ME THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN A 14/71 KOBELCO WITH K11 ROTORS AND THE 14/71 PSI BLOWER..WITCH ONE WOULD BE BETTER??THANKS GUYS..

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

Re: BLOWERS

Quote Originally Posted by superdave557
    COULD SOMEONE TELL ME THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN A 14/71 KOBELCO WITH K11 ROTORS AND THE 14/71 PSI BLOWER..WITCH ONE WOULD BE BETTER??THANKS GUYS..
    superdave557 if your an outlaw 14/71 PSI twin screw. Thats all I will be able to tell you. Because thats what I was told by a ProMod hand. They work more efficient then a rotor type.
    Wesley
    60' 1.30
    5.58 @ 127.89

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    The big difference is the PSI is a screw type blower, which comes on slower but produces more PSI, where as the KOBELCO K11 is a high helix blower i believe. Which also produces lot's of boost but comes on faster. Screw type blowers are not allowed in Nitro cars, where high helix blowers are.

Zip.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Thanks Zip I was trying to help superdave out and at the same time trying not to talk out of my backside if you know what I mean. Thats why I said PSI is for OUTLAWS. Well that makes me feel better.
    Wesley
    60' 1.30
    5.58 @ 127.89

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Try these guys,I'm sure they'll answer all your questions:
    rbssuperchargers.com
    If a 5 lb hammer can't fix it,it must be electrical
    Keep the shiney side up! 8)
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/85221

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: BLOWERS

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave557
    superdave557 if your an outlaw 14/71 PSI twin screw. Thats all I will be able to tell you. Because thats what I was told by a ProMod hand. They work more efficient then a rotor type.
    It appears that PSI now has a high helix (120*) so maybe i was talking out of my butt also. I know that the original PSI blower was first brought out in PHX, in the late 80's and were outlawed for a couple yrs. due to blower case explosions. i was living in pHX. when the first one came out and i knew the shop who did the machine work.

Zip.

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    THANKS GUYS, VERY HELPFULL..I HAVE A GOOD PIC NOW ON THE SUBJECT AND CAN DO SOME MATH FROM HERE..AGAIN VERY HELPFULL AND THANKS TO ALL.