Thread: big block heads

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

big block heads

i have a set of heads can anyone tell me what they came from#3964290 and i found what looks like kl99 on them and gm9T I haven,t a clue.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    here is what i found on moretec
    3964290....69-70...oval..CLOSED..396, 402, 427, 454, 101cc chamber
    Large or small hex spark
    plugs used

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

big block heads

thanks for the tip,i still want to find out what they came from,I,m cleaning out my husbands shop and I don,t want to make any mistakes.when i,m pricing anything.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400
    Can you get us a picture of the combustion chambers?

If it is the head I think it is it has lots of street potential but little value becuase no one knows of the potential it has. If it is the other head I am thinking of it has also a low value but can work well in street applications with a little bit of piston work to clear the domes on the sides.

Ed
    " Let all things that hath breath, praise the Lord. Praise Ye the Lord" Psalms 150 vs 6.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Hmm cleaning out the husband's shop huh, that's either a bad thing or a good one depends on the situation I guess.
    Goodluck Charles
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    its good before i sell another car or part i want to know what i have,i,ll get you a pic as soon as my daughter can come up.ya know how that goes.

heads

My casting # book says that head is a 1970 oval port used on the following engines, 402 - light truck, camaro, nova, chevelle, and full size, 454 - 390 hp corvette.

Dan

Big Block Heads

Hi, I saw your posting on the heads, and I am looking for a set of these with these dates codes for a chevelle I am building right now. I would really appreciate your letting me know if you would be willing to sell them to me. I have another pair of them that are dated in April of 70, that I could trade you if you still need a pair. Please let me know if you would be willing to sell. Please email me if you are willing to discuss this, thanks dricks@hotmail.com thanks david

10. Racing Junk