rear sliders

Old 09-30-2007, 07:39 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

Default rear sliders

I was surfing on another site and noticed they were talking about a rear spring slider. Looked at the pics of them and was wondering what it would do to the rear ride height on my s10. I think I know the idea behind the design, but not the height issue.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

You will lower the truck about 1/2 the difference between the slider and where the spring mounts to the lower part of the shackle now.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:28 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

It will lower your ride ht. That is abut all it does. In my opinion it does not work as good as the swinging factory style shackel though. I don't like them much.

Ed
Old 10-01-2007, 07:40 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

the reason I was asking was I want to narrow the rear end and lower it and I have to use the suspension I have for now due to cost factors. want to go ladder bar and coil overs in the future so i don't want to buy springs that I will be taking out later. Seems to work good now as I have 1.60 60 ft. time with controlable wheel spin by adjusting tire pressures. has clamp on slapper bars now. the rear shackles have been lengthened 1" to help with the springs being clamped so they don't bind due to too short of swing on the originals. I wanted to take the llowering blocks out that came with the PU when I bought it. thought it would be better with the sliders instead of the blocks. any agreements or not? new to leaf spring suspensions as I used to run a chevelle "back in the day" as they say.