fuel injection

Old 09-25-2007, 04:01 AM
performanceengin
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default fuel injection

question. what injection is the better or user freindly to go with. ron's toilet or enderle hat. i have the toilet, but have a chance to get hat system. this will be in a altered, one man show. any input appreiciated
Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

they Both operate the same..both work on a by-pass method. barrell valves, main jets,high speed by pass if you run them and nozzles...

basically it narrows down to matter of choice..the toilet is much smaller. but the hat looks much better My opinion..

but both are the same mechanically..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-25-2007, 06:22 AM
performanceengin
JUNIOR BUILDER

ok, we figured out both work on same manner. now which easier to tune and get started as stated this is a one man operation. james monroe say's once started the toilet will start on it's own , how about the hat? same deal?? thanks for input brian
Old 09-25-2007, 08:31 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

www.killerrons.com
tell him David Lanning sent ya. I ran a toilet on a 383 & 434 sbc for 3 years and now run the terminator on the 582.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:19 PM
LuckyDawgRacing
CRAFTSMAN

Default i

Hey Dave, whats your egts been in the 1/8 and 1/4
Old 09-25-2007, 02:38 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

yes its about the same once you get them started..the problem is the fuel pumps.. they are gravity fed and no accelerated pumps in the injection..
you can buy a gas primer to place on them for next to nothing...all it is is a catch can or smaller cannister that holds a quart of gas or less...it squirts the gas into the top of hat or toilet and helps draw up the alcohol much quicker...if your a one man show its the best choice if you have no-one there squirting gas into the injecter with a mustard bottle.....

the key will be when you go to shut the car down depending on how much fuel remains in the line..all these injectors must be manully shut off with push pull cable and 3 way shut off valve..the proper way to shut one of these off is to close the valve until you hear the motor pick up just slightly then kill the switch..all this does is kill the fuel the pump is drawing from the tank..of course the longer you let it after you shut the valve off the harder it will be to crank cause you run the lines dry completely..

whichever you choose.. DO NOT spend all the money and time with all those return lines...they make a loop back system that consist of one stainless steel line that will loop back into the pump itself..eliminating the extra expense of return lines and will also keep your pump wet by returning fuel back to the pump itself instead of the tank.. ..which helps with restarts...

thanks Brian...

try........ www.dragparts.com[/u][/b]

Old 09-25-2007, 03:09 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I dont use a egt once you get it right they are about worthless IMO
I like them to be no more then 1100 1/4 1050 1/8
Old 09-26-2007, 04:09 AM
performanceengin
JUNIOR BUILDER

thanks for the info brian, things are making more sence now. i called enderle and they said about 99 % of the same thong you just did.. thanks again for enlightening the subject..
Old 09-26-2007, 05:53 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

No problem my man..i have done with thru the school of hard knocks with this type of set up..so if you have any other Questions please feel free to ask...ALSO Zipper is good with the injected Blower set up...

Thanks - brian

Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks BJ for putting me in on this subject.

First the toilet for me works like a carberator and i run one on my car. Yes it's slow to start because it's a manuel pump. I always turn it over until the oil pressue is up an flip the ing. switch on it is ready to fire.
Same with a hat or stacks injection. Now about preference, on gas i cannot go there because i run alcohol. I was living in AZ. when Ron came up with the toilet bowl, i knew him then and still do. like i said i run his 4.1 on my 377" motor and it works like a carb. It idles at 800 RPM and responds like a carb. The Hat will never work like a bowl, because it is usually mounted on a tunnel ram manifold. I have found that the 60ft. times is always better with a bowl than a hat. and the big end is no difference.
My personal preference is Hilborn Stacks, there is no comparison to the before mentioned injection systems.
I also idle my stacks injection at 800 RPM, you can count the firing of the motor. Bottom line get it right and it will run right. If i can pull some vids out i will ad them to this post.
Personal preference is stacks, well not really HeHe, Blower with Hat.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -