Woodsman track time

Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Woodsman track time

Well I took my hotrod to the track to see what it would run after we got it running and it has so many bugs that I did not get a good pass in but the best one was 60' 1.84 1/8 mile 7.25 @ 112mph well that is not at all what i thought it was going to run but have a lot of bugs to work out first before I get some good numbers out of it.

60' 1.84 = 1/4 13.24 @100.10

1/8 7.25 = 1/4 11.49 @ 115.32

1/8 112mph = 1/8 of 6.07
1/8 112mph = 1/4 9.62 @ 137.76
Old 09-21-2007, 04:34 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Wes,

It seems we all get hit with some type of gremlin with a new set up.
I know I have, Spib is going through it and probably several others.

I know your combo will see much better times.
You just need to get her dialed in and watch out :shock:

It will come around!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:33 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey buddy it sounds like you are patting the pedal, because you don't know what will happen when you really get on it. I don't blame you, just make sure you are comfortable when you really nail it, sounds like an 8.50 down the road. Be carefully and do it right., you got womans and chillins to take care of.

Zip.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:09 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Wesley
This is a part of trying some thing new,there are always bugs,you just need to stay positive and work things threw,before you know it,you'll be grinnin from ear to ear,don't give up,you've got the hard part done now

Hope you have better times next time out,remember to buy some adult size depends,when you get it sorted,its going to be a rush :P

Good Luck Wesley
Old 09-21-2007, 09:28 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Wesley
This is a part of trying some thing new,there are always bugs,you just need to stay positive and work things threw,before you know it,you'll be grinnin from ear to ear,don't give up,you've got the hard part done now

Hope you have better times next time out,remember to buy some adult size depends,when you get it sorted,its going to be a rush :P

Good Luck Wesley
HeHe, reminds me of a joke, what does a 60yr old wear, boxers or jocky's
DEPENDS.

Zip.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:31 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

congrats you got her at the track, and she looks fine any PICS?
Old 09-22-2007, 08:53 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Tom its funny that you say that about the depends because when we all got to the track my brother gave me a nice sack as a present for getting the car running and in it was a depend. The trans cooler that I was using with my other set up that was fine before now leaks when I put it on the trans brake so got to get one with -an fittings to stop that. Zip you are so right I did not hammer on it because I was scared of it and did not know how it would react on the track. But it went down the track like you poped a string line on it. I have some other things to straighten out and then will be ready again. Spib dont have any more pic other then in showoff but did not even smoke the the tires at the track this time. Hope to have it lined out for next time and will get some to show off. Carl we will get there and its going to be a good feeling when we do.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:13 PM
stevehgs
JOURNEYMAN

How fast was your heart pounding the first time you staged it? Glad to hear it runs so straight. The first time out with my s10 it was going some where different with every launch, good for the nerves!!!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

wes glad you got it to the track. now i cant wait to see what it will do when you get her dialed in. good luck be safe.Avery
Old 09-23-2007, 08:52 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Steve my heart was beating about 300 beats a min until I staged the car and then it quite until I got to the other end and all was still in tacked.

Avery I think I will see a 8sec pass out of it after I get all the bugs out of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -