shift kit ?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:07 PM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Default shift kit ?

Tranny is a turbo 350 rebuilt with sift kit.When I got the car back from tranny shop.Which was the most exp where I was living.You get what you pay for.The car had nice clean hard shifts.I took the car for some service and the tech said the tranny modulator was leaking.I was like.Thats a new tranny with less than 500 miles.He knew the shop that did the work and took the car back himself.The shop installed a new modulator and said there was a vacum leak to modulator.The thing is now.The tranny has no leaks but I dont feel the shift kit until it shifts into 3rd gear.It was a big diff before the modulator and vacum leak was repaired.Any ideas?It seems to me I would still have a nice bump when it shifts into 2nd gear like before the modualtor was replaced with the vacum leak repaired..
Old 08-21-2007, 03:06 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

If your not driving on the street I'd unhook the modulator. either way unhook it and see if the hard shifts return, if they do the kit wasnt a strip kit in the first place, they have several stages or levels at which you can install the kit depending on your application. Goodluck, Charles
Old 08-21-2007, 11:18 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

if your running anykind of decent stall in your converter your not going to feel that hard bump that shift kits make you fee in a stock type (tight converter).

its makes no sense to me why you would feel that bump in 3rd gear and not in 1st or 2nd ??????

but i am not a tranny guy..only ran a bunch of them and know how they feel.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "