Thread: back fire

Member JUNIOR BUILDER

back fire

just got my motor running when i bring it up to about 3,000 rpm then let off the gas it back fires thru the exhaust on the drivers side every time just 1 bang . anyone know what would cause this?

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    cold outside air being pulled in from the outside.check all your collectors,header flange',collector flanges...check your primary header tubes for small cracks and breaks,,,,,,,,if your exhaust has an exterior leaks it (exhaust) will act as a vaccum and pull this outside cold air in causing the disturbance of the hot flowing air in the exhasut ...therefore making a backfire sound...please check your exhasut with a magnafying glass if you must..your problem will be in your exhaust somewhere.

Brian
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    thanks brian i do have a leak where the header meets the collector i can here it i just figured no big deal i'll fix it next time i have it on a rack but i guess i better fix it know thanks again zano