Tom if you could give this a read

Old 08-03-2007, 04:58 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Tom if you could give this a read

I am thinking of a new concept like a data base of names that are untrustworthy of our business or trades of any kind if you want to know if you can trust them you can look on the list of scammers an untrustworthys that may help the men like me that will take a mans word until he's been ripped off and its to late you have lost your money an play hell to get it back. The way I see it if they have a certain amount of post that are negative they make the list and it's up to them to turn their business around to remove themselves. After all it was them self that put them there. You may think it's a good idea you may want to modify it or you may say just get a life any one of the three I'll still love you. Its just an idea I get them all the time. BTW I don't think they need over 30,000 post to make the list.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:13 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Wesley
Isn't the scammer,user feedback section for this?

If some of you have ideas and want to do this,I can make the thread a sticky,so others can read,but as you all know,some of the people always come complaining about the same person scammed them and have been in the scammer user feedback section for quite some time,most people come here to complain,after the mail doesn't come,and usually come to the forum for answers,when they should have come here before they sent their hard earned money.

It sounds like a nice idea Wesley,if you want to do some thing like that,I'll support you,and I'm sure other will to.

But as you know,some people don't and won't read the forum,unless its their last resort to try and regain their money.

Tom
Old 08-03-2007, 06:22 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Tom you are so right that's just exactly how I ended up here. Well I was just thinking out loud. We sick together and we'll get the upper hand.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:32 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by woodsman
Tom you are so right that's just exactly how I ended up here. Well I was just thinking out loud. We sick together and we'll get the upper hand.
IT IS OK TO THINK OUT LOUD SOMETIMES BECAUSE YOU MIGHT GET THE ANSWER FROM SOMEONE ELSE :lol: :lol: :lol: -LIVELY---YES STICKING TOGETHER MAKES ALOT

OF DIFFERENCE :wink: :wink:

WOW !!!I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF/ THAT IS THE FIRST TIME I PUT A QUOTE FROM SOMEONE ELSE IN MY POST-[YOU CAN ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW IN YOUR OLD AGE] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-03-2007, 06:33 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Some things to consider when making a purchace

Benefits of having your profile listed
Get to know the person you're buying from or selling to.
Prevent scams - Buy from members with profiles
Connect with members from your local track
Stay connected with friends away from the track
Show off your race car.
It's Free. Get listed today!

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/40888

A profile is a valuable tool,if the person don't have one,walk away

Get home addresses,and land line numbers.
Also look at a persons membership,look at the date joined,honor payments,and location,telephone number.Do a reverse number look up.

These are all good clues weither a person is on the up and up,
Call them talk to them,get to know them before making a purchase,get their real name and address,and use a postal money order

Another thing BEWARE of excuses,thats the first sign your gonna get taken
Old 08-03-2007, 06:39 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Ya tom i myself do understand what you are saying .but a lot of those threads in the scammers section can get lost very fast and once it gets so far back there it's kinda hard to retrieve what if one was for scammers and one for trust worthy people instead of all in on section. just a thought.
Like wesley said we have those all the time
Old 08-03-2007, 06:40 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

TOM--IS THERE A LIST OR WAY TO LOOK UP NAMES TO SEE IF THEY ARE IN THE PROFILE SECTION ??? THANKS LIVELY--
Old 08-03-2007, 06:44 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Yes Ron true,but what I am getting at,your profile should say it all,
Post up your profile Ron and let others take a look.Also if you look at your honor payments and membership it should say what type of guy you are,
Old 08-03-2007, 06:46 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
TOM--IS THERE A LIST OR WAY TO LOOK UP NAMES TO SEE IF THEY ARE IN THE PROFILE SECTION ??? THANKS LIVELY--
No Lively there isn't,the list is out on the classified part of the site,every add out there should tell you weither to deal with an individual or not.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:48 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Tom I agree with you whole heartily and maybe you have something for a Sticky. Things to do when making a deal. But at the same time it goes back to what you said before you have to read it first and not after the fact. Clyde and my wife both has said that Racing Junk is getting so big now that there may come a time that they have to put a rating system something similar to what e-bay has to help before the fact.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -