Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CURRIE REAR END

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar

CURRIE REAR END

CURRIE REAR END WITH THE ALUMINUM CENTER HOUSING???[NOT THE PUMPKIN]--GOOD / BAD / OR THE UGLY?---MOSTLY STREET USE AND SOME 1/8 MILE--WHAT DO YOU THINK FOR MY RANCHERO GASSER?-LIVELY

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    Are you asking if its a good housing or are you selling it? :?:

looking at one and wondering about the strength and limits of it 8) 8) LIVELY

Senior Member DYNO TECH
    I think it would be fine for street use, but would stay away for race purposes.

Member JOURNEYMAN
    I have been running Currie stuff for years with no problems... 9" N section, 4.88 pro gear and 35 spline spool and there race axles NO PROBLEMS HERE WITH 1.000 HP 866 Tq Eng in a 3150LBS CAR

Senior Member DYNO TECH
    Quote Originally Posted by real3fann
    I have been running Currie stuff for years with no problems... 9" N section, 4.88 pro gear and 35 spline spool and there race axles NO PROBLEMS HERE WITH 1.000 HP 866 Tq Eng in a 3150LBS CAR
    Unless I misunderstood the question, sounds like he's talking about aluminum center with steel axle tubes? I don't think that's what your running? :?:
    'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.'

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.adinms.com/sitebuildercon...junkresize.jpg

Member JOURNEYMAN
    Quote Originally Posted by blittle
    Quote Originally Posted by real3fann
    Unless I misunderstood the question, sounds like he's talking about aluminum center with steel axle tubes? I don't think that's what your running? :?:
    Oh my mistake

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Look this guy up and have his rear end guy help you out.
    http://rides.webshots.com/video/3026...01149359WVpyxw

HE IS LUCKY HE DIDN'T LOSE IT ON THE PASS BEFORE!!!!---THAT IS ON THE PREVIOUS VIDEO 8) 8) 8) ----THE CURRIE REAR I LOOKED AT HAD THE ALUMINUM CENTER PIECE[WAS VERY NICE LOOKING BUT I WAS NOT SURE OF THE STRENGTH]---THANKS FOR THE INFO===LIVELY

Hello Lively,Just thought with your inquiry about the rear axle housing I have a 9" on the classified side if interested,Thanks Dragman28.