Going NHRA Racing

Old 07-10-2007, 05:02 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Going NHRA Racing

This week end were going to the Lucas oil Divisional series races at Gateway. I'm gunna be running SS/T and my brother is running B/S. I gotta go against delay boxes and a Pro tree. Got my work cut out for me with my stick shift Camaro and no delay box but that's the way I like it.
Just wanted to let you guys know that may be in the area to come up and say HI. :wink:
Old 07-10-2007, 06:22 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Good luck Vince and YES you do have your work cut out going against those boys and their boxes. ..you take someone that knows their stuff with those boxes they are lethal...BUT on the other hand you take a person that knows how to jam those gears they can make it very interesting...Got a buddy that runs a straight axle 55 chevy gasser (original gasser body) it has a jericho 4 speed....he side steps it and you cannot even hear the engine drop 1 rpm as he gets thru the gears...so you can imagine hearing a 18 degree 434 small block with straight fender well headers side step shifting at 8500 rpm....its a sound thats un mistakable..

good luck..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-10-2007, 07:02 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

good luck vince, kick some delay box ass!!!!!! 8)
Old 07-10-2007, 08:40 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian, that gaser sounds like a blast. I ran super pro for years before there were delay boxes or I should say before they were legal too. I never run electronics but I ran against them all the time. I always ran 4 speeds 5 speeds and lenco's. Alot of guys ran power glide with air shifters and dual delay boxes, cross over boxes. If you could'nt cut a .00x or a teen light you were done. I just never wanted to use a delay box. Probably cost me a ton of races but when I did win it made me feel like I did something special. Delay boxes make an average driver great and it makes you very very consistent with your lights. Without a box you'll have those .100 lights just when you think your on.
Thanks Spib I'm gunna do my best but these guys are good.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:56 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

good luck vince
Old 07-10-2007, 03:11 PM
daddylynch
SENIOR BUILDER

Well good luck !!!!! Becareful and above all have a great time !!!! I think you will put some people on the trailer for sure.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:19 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Vince,

Good luck to you and your brother...go show em what your made of and how a class act takes home the trophy!!!!!!!!!

misspelled takes...lol
Old 07-15-2007, 06:55 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

so how did you all do vince?
Old 07-15-2007, 07:13 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

VINCE!!!!!!!WHERE ARE YOU VINCE?????
Old 07-15-2007, 09:06 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

may be a delay :wink: in his answer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -