Thread: Anyone use a Strange Engineering 1350 driveshaft?

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER

Anyone use a Strange Engineering 1350 driveshaft?

I am to the point of getting a driveshaft for my Buick and have been searching vendors for a driveshaft that has 1350 joints. I looked at Mark Williams,Dennys', and just seen the Strange shafts. I can't afford a carbon fiber one,but want a reliable unit. My car has a TH400 with reverse manual valve body and a HD built 8.5 with 1350 yoke. I'll need a complete shaft 53 inches long and with a TH 400 yoke. Has anyone had experience with the StrangeEngineering one??

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    The Custom Engine Shop, Indianapolis, Indiana

Inland Driveshaft

I use Moser engineering driveshafts, they are made by Inland DriveShaft.
    Great product
    CDR Performance
    The Custom Engine Shop and Sponsor of the First Annual YellowBullet.Com Nats

If you have never experienced fear your car isn't fast enough.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    I used a DENNYS cm driveshaftw/ 1350 u joints,GREAT PIECE!! HEsgot a shaft that if you break it, he'll replace it free!!

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    I have been looking at Denny's Nitrous shafts and like them alot. I just am unsure about the aluminum one though.I know a few people on another board that use a Denny's. and they highly recommend them as well.Besides they are only about 2 1/2-3 hours from me and I could take a little drive I guess..

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    hey bignastygs, Ill meet you there if you want! Im 1.5 hr away! let me know. david.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    63 vette i use the Mark Williams chrome moly shaft with the MW Billet yoke.

67 Camaro- i use a local custom made 3.5 inch mild steel 0.83 wall with the MW billet yoke.

No matter what drive shaft i choose to use I WILL always use the Billet yokes.....i have used the 1350 yokes in the past but i have saw those break in different situations ( got 2 of them in the tool box)...so i spend the extra and go with the Billet yoke.

Thanks Brian
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by Racefab57
    I used a DENNYS cm driveshaftw/ 1350 u joints,GREAT PIECE!! HEsgot a shaft that if you break it, he'll replace it free!!

Yep I have one of those also........Brake it and he gives you another and also free labor as long as you own it

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    Aluminum drive shafts require coated u-joint caps to keep them from having problems with corrosion. You can not run steel against aluminum hince the coated caps.