Brad Waters-mrgoodwrench

Old 07-07-2007, 09:29 AM
1greenbird
SHOW GUEST

Default Brad Waters-mrgoodwrench

Anyone ever have dealings with Brad Waters? He lives at 251 Colter Rd
Maryville TN. I called him about an intake he had listed on RJ .He told me he didn't accept paypal.Only certified check or money order.I sent him postal moneyorder on 6-20-07.I called I beleive on 6-25-07 talked to his mother
asked if had received the money order ,she told me he had.I assumed I would be getting the intake any day.That day hasn't come yet.He has an ad for a preditor carb posted # 910939 His user name on RJ is mrgoodwrench.I may be freaking out too soon -it may be in the mail.My problem is, No one will answer the phone any more when I call,maybe someone from a different area code could jingle his phone
(865)982-6003
Old 07-07-2007, 11:02 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

I sent a message to Brad, asking him to explain what has happened.
It may be he is ok, and it is in transit. The 20th of June until today is not a long time to not get your intake compared to some others.

Still not answering his phone is odd if he does indeed intend to honor your deal.

Since this was a postal MO if he is scamminh you, you have some good recourse, mail and internet fraud are severe crimes.

Let's see what Brad has to say though before you jump the gun.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:11 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I AGREE--- THAT IS NOT UNHEARD OF ON SHIPPING---I HAVE HAD PARTS I SENT IN TRANSIT 6 - 20 DAYS AT TIMES---DON'T JUMP TOO QUICK, LET SOME TIME AND INFO PASS FIRST!---WHERE ARE YOU FROM 1GREENBIRD?--LIVELY
Old 07-09-2007, 04:38 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Well I sent Brad a message on 07/07 and he has not replied to me or to this forum.
I also called the phone number you put up and got no answer.

To me that can mean 2 things, either he is gone on vacation with his mom, or he is not being honest and straight up.

I will check again later and try to call again tonight.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:38 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

is he still running the ad on the intake?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:20 PM
mrgoodwrench
SHOW GUEST

Here is what I sent to Bob on the 7th 2 days ago, Bob,I have been out of town for the fourth of July,I have family in Florida I was with,and have not had acsess to a computer,and with me on 12 hour shifts at work and working on the farm to,I have not been near a phone,I dont have a cell phone because when I am at work or on a tractor,I cant here the phone ring,anyway,I just got back from Florida,and didnt know anybody was trying to reach me,my mother said you had called in the week,so someone did answer the phone,she said she told you I had gotten the money,so I figured you already know I had gotten it then,it was in the bank bag for a few days,and then deposited on the 22nd a Friday,and did not hit my account until the 25th on Monday night at 12:00 is when the money was deposited from your bank to mine,and I will send you the statements to proof it if you want,and when I got back this morning the first thing I did was go to the ups store and ship it,because I meant to do it before I left,I just honestly did not have time to during the day,if I work from 7 to 7 four days a week and then I have three days to do a week worth of work on the farm,and it is hard,but I have did it for years,I was in no way trying to just take anyones money,hell the money for the intake wouldnt buy the hay and feed for my horses for two days,basically what I mean is I would never just take someones money,and give them nothing in return,not the way I am and anybody would tell you the same about me,if you neede the intkae ASAP,you should have said it,and I would have shipped it before I got the money,anyway if you need to get ahold of me for anything you can call my office at 865-257-1639,I will be in the office Monday at 6:45am,I will be out of the house the rest of today and tomorrow to make up for being gone from the farm for a few days,when I was gone to Florida,just dont be so Quick to form an opinion of someone,if you would have ask my mom she would have told you I was working,and then I left that night,so no one has been here,I did get my brother to feed and watch the farm for me,but not check my phone so I had no idea anyone was trying to get ahold of me,and with it being a holiday and such,I needed to go see my family,anyway sorry for any trouble and again,if you need to get a hold of me call my office number. < and he sent me this Back. > I thought you told me when we spoke on the phone the intake was boxed,when you received the money order it would
go out the same day.I know $160 is nothing these days.My concern was that if it went that quick I should have had it.I do have an old car I want to use it on,not a life and death matter.I called a number of times last week without anyone answering.Sorry for the confusion.I'll be looking for it in the next few days.Thanks
Bob Boyd
Anyway I have not been afoyding anyone,I have been working,heck I just took three days off last week to go on vactaion,I cant sit and wait by a phone all day on anybody,I have a lot to chatch up on,at work to day and at the farm over the weekend and just like now it is 10:59.PM here and I just walked in the door,if the check would have come today there is no way I could have got it out today,I thought after I sent him the message he understood it was on its way and was sent Saturday ,what more can I do to make someone understand if I screwed up by not dropping everything,my work,my feeding of the horses and my hay,which we are in a drought so what I mow one day is ready to bale the next day,then I am sorry and if I was trying to afoyd anyone I sure would not give them any number to call me at,I was in my office this morning and no one called once I got out on the floor,and on the production line,I was not in there the rest of the day,and that is why I said in the message I will be in my office at 6:45 my time,eastern time.Again I apologize for any problems I have caused or any trouble,I just feel everybody is jumping the gun,it was boxed up ready to go the day I put it on here forsale,but I wasnt able to get there to send it until Saturday the check was cashed in my acount on the 25th at 12 midnight,that left 7 mailing days until I left for Florida,I left on the 4th late to afoyed the traffic ,when I got back on the 7th it was sent ,figure it up that is just seven days I had to mail it,I am sorry I could not make it in there to mail it as I said 12 hour sifts it is hard to mail it for me on those days,I am sorry But there was just 7 Days went by,dont jump the gun over 7 days,I have the bank statement to prove when the check hit,I just dont know what else to say I am sorry.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:41 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

MRGOODWRENCH----THANK YOU FOR COMING HEAR AND RELATING WHAT HAPPENED ON THIS MATTER!!!---YOU SOUND LIKE AN HONEST SELLER WITH TOO MANY IRONS IN THE FIRE!!! ops: LIVELY[PS--WE WILL BE WAITING FOR AN ANSWER WHEN THE INTAKE ARRIVES AT THE CUSTOMERS HOUSE 8) 8)
Old 07-09-2007, 11:06 PM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by mrgoodwrench
Here is what I sent to Bob on the 7th 2 days ago, Bob,I have been out of town for the fourth of July,I have family in Florida I was with,and have not had acsess to a computer,and with me on 12 hour shifts at work and working on the farm to,I have not been near a phone,I dont have a cell phone because when I am at work or on a tractor,I cant here the phone ring,anyway,I just got back from Florida,and didnt know anybody was trying to reach me,my mother said you had called in the week,so someone did answer the phone,she said she told you I had gotten the money,so I figured you already know I had gotten it then,it was in the bank bag for a few days,and then deposited on the 22nd a Friday,and did not hit my account until the 25th on Monday night at 12:00 is when the money was deposited from your bank to mine,and I will send you the statements to proof it if you want,and when I got back this morning the first thing I did was go to the ups store and ship it,because I meant to do it before I left,I just honestly did not have time to during the day,if I work from 7 to 7 four days a week and then I have three days to do a week worth of work on the farm,and it is hard,but I have did it for years,I was in no way trying to just take anyones money,hell the money for the intake wouldnt buy the hay and feed for my horses for two days,basically what I mean is I would never just take someones money,and give them nothing in return,not the way I am and anybody would tell you the same about me,if you neede the intkae ASAP,you should have said it,and I would have shipped it before I got the money,anyway if you need to get ahold of me for anything you can call my office at 865-257-1639,I will be in the office Monday at 6:45am,I will be out of the house the rest of today and tomorrow to make up for being gone from the farm for a few days,when I was gone to Florida,just dont be so Quick to form an opinion of someone,if you would have ask my mom she would have told you I was working,and then I left that night,so no one has been here,I did get my brother to feed and watch the farm for me,but not check my phone so I had no idea anyone was trying to get ahold of me,and with it being a holiday and such,I needed to go see my family,anyway sorry for any trouble and again,if you need to get a hold of me call my office number. < and he sent me this Back. > I thought you told me when we spoke on the phone the intake was boxed,when you received the money order it would
go out the same day.I know $160 is nothing these days.My concern was that if it went that quick I should have had it.I do have an old car I want to use it on,not a life and death matter.I called a number of times last week without anyone answering.Sorry for the confusion.I'll be looking for it in the next few days.Thanks
Bob Boyd
Anyway I have not been afoyding anyone,I have been working,heck I just took three days off last week to go on vactaion,I cant sit and wait by a phone all day on anybody,I have a lot to chatch up on,at work to day and at the farm over the weekend and just like now it is 10:59.PM here and I just walked in the door,if the check would have come today there is no way I could have got it out today,I thought after I sent him the message he understood it was on its way and was sent Saturday ,what more can I do to make someone understand if I screwed up by not dropping everything,my work,my feeding of the horses and my hay,which we are in a drought so what I mow one day is ready to bale the next day,then I am sorry and if I was trying to afoyd anyone I sure would not give them any number to call me at,I was in my office this morning and no one called once I got out on the floor,and on the production line,I was not in there the rest of the day,and that is why I said in the message I will be in my office at 6:45 my time,eastern time.Again I apologize for any problems I have caused or any trouble,I just feel everybody is jumping the gun,it was boxed up ready to go the day I put it on here forsale,but I wasnt able to get there to send it until Saturday the check was cashed in my acount on the 25th at 12 midnight,that left 7 mailing days until I left for Florida,I left on the 4th late to afoyed the traffic ,when I got back on the 7th it was sent ,figure it up that is just seven days I had to mail it,I am sorry I could not make it in there to mail it as I said 12 hour sifts it is hard to mail it for me on those days,I am sorry But there was just 7 Days went by,dont jump the gun over 7 days,I have the bank statement to prove when the check hit,I just dont know what else to say I am sorry.
Hey man do you know Rabbit?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:17 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

mrgoodwrench,
Comming here and explaining the situation makes you a more respected seller, and clears up the questions ask by the buyer. thanks for doing that, i assume the buyer feels the same way and will report when he recieves the manifold.

Zip.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:42 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Brad,

Thanks for coming on here and clearing things up.

I do not think anyone jumped the gun, but 1greenbird was just concerned.
We did advise him to hold on a few more days and I did send you a couple of messages.

Your coming on here and explaining what happened will put all of our minds at ease. It looks like that storm passed and you were able to get on your pc.

Thanks again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -