the carb put on my street motor has no vacuum port

Old 07-07-2007, 07:52 AM
zano
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default the carb put on my street motor has no vacuum port

4500 dominator no vacuum port i have vacuum assisted power brakes any ideas. can i drill carb?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:25 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

No DO NOT touch the carb..get a 1 inch aluminum spacer plate..GO WITH 2 INCH if you got hood clearance ..some come with a vaccum port but you can drill and tap one no problem..tap it and run you a 3 way if you need more than one vaccum port.

( make sure you get the plate for the 4500 series dominater)

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-07-2007, 10:01 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

if you got a motor that can use a dominator, you may not have enough vaccumn at idle to use power brakes
Old 07-07-2007, 12:49 PM
zano
JUNIOR BUILDER

thanks brian it has a spacer but not metal i'll change to an aluminum one with a port or drill one thanks again zano
Old 07-07-2007, 04:51 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

what Ed said above couLd hold very true if your motor has any kind of hot cam in it at all..if this turns out to be the case..i will tell you how to solve it now..They make a canister that will allow you to build vaccum,,you will plug your brake booster into the back of this canister and whamo you have brakes ( very easy to hook up) basic tools will allow you to assemble..i had to use one of these on a 89 pro-street outlaw car i had 4 years ago...it is a common problem that street cars run across with hot street motors with LARGER CAMSHAFTS...so don't freak out if you tap your plate and still do not have enouigh vacccum to operate the brake booster..

ohh yeahh
they sell these kits at JEGS/SUMMIT...ETC....

Brian

Old 07-07-2007, 05:55 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

if you got one of them hard plastic spacers, you can still drill and tap it for a fitting....no need to buy a new spacer...
Old 07-07-2007, 10:52 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by bjuice
what Ed said above couLd hold very true if your motor has any kind of hot cam in it at all..if this turns out to be the case..i will tell you how to solve it now..They make a canister that will allow you to build vaccum,,you will plug your brake booster into the back of this canister and whamo you have brakes ( very easy to hook up) basic tools will allow you to assemble..i had to use one of these on a 89 pro-street outlaw car i had 4 years ago...it is a common problem that street cars run across with hot street motors with LARGER CAMSHAFTS...so don't freak out if you tap your plate and still do not have enouigh vacccum to operate the brake booster..

ohh yeahh
they sell these kits at JEGS/SUMMIT...ETC....
Brian

Exactly what bjuice said, I have one of these canisters I used to run. It really works good. Mounted mine right over the old wiper motor location.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:21 AM
zano
JUNIOR BUILDER

the motor is a 632 with 10.5 to 1 compression the cam is a roller intake gross valve lift is .785 exhaust .766 duration at .050 intake 278 exhaust 290 i called comp they said this cam is for racing this is a street car do you thing it will work? also spacer is phenolic can you tap that stuff? and do you think i will have enough vacuum with this cam thanks zano
Old 07-08-2007, 01:16 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

mcracecars Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you got one of them hard plastic spacers, you can still drill and tap it for a fitting....no need to buy a new spacer...

Bjuice

Old 07-10-2007, 05:09 PM
pipes434sbc
APPRENTICE

I had same problem with my ultra hp 950dbl pmp.I run a 434 with a solid roller on a 108.I run vacuum canister,and I drilled & tapped intake manifold just below rear bowl.I use a supervictor,& it looks like it was made with my custom port.(he,he)Had no choice,car is second gen. Camaro,no hood clearance.I had to run a tee with one large opening (power brakes)&one small(modulator valve THD350).Anyways,no issues looks & works great.