Old 07-07-2007, 06:53 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Details please.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:05 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

theos,

Please read the sticky's regarding posting info in this section.
It will not only help you it will allow us to do some digging at the truth.

Just to say "Dishonest engine builder" means nothing without proof and a way to back it up.

In fact the thread could end up being removed for lack of information and unfounded accusations.

Just my .02
Old 07-07-2007, 11:14 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

IN FACT WITHOUT SOME BETTER INFO AND PROOF IT COULD BE A BAD SCENE FOR YOU! ops: ops: ---SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BEING TALKED ABOUT ON HERE WITHOUT SOME MORE INFO TO BACK IT UP ops:
Old 07-07-2007, 04:00 PM
theos
SHOW GUEST

PAID $19000 USD FOR ENGINE LASTED TWO DYNO PULLS,AND WHEN WE DISSASEMBLED ENGINE WE FOUND POOR WORKMANSHIP !
Old 07-07-2007, 04:07 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by theos
PAID $19000 USD FOR ENGINE LASTED TWO DYNO PULLS,AND WHEN WE DISSASEMBLED ENGINE WE FOUND POOR WORKMANSHIP !
Ok,
poor workmanship? What do you mean?
2 Dyno pulls, what happened?

Do you have a link to his ad here on RJ?
Have you contacted him about the engine?
If so, what has he said?

Who dynoed the engine?

19 grand is a lot of money for an engine and it would be nice if you had some recourse.

But your still not giving enough information to say it is his fault, just empty accusations.

As I said before, if your going to post in this section, provide us with some information and facts, otherwise I see this thread going away.

Not being an ass here, just letting you know that the info you have posted is not enough to keep this thread here.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:08 PM
theos
SHOW GUEST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I paid $19000 USD for a engine based on trust and gave me his word,and valves where not sticking and not the cause of the engine failure as the motor ran fine on the first dyno pull to 5000 rpm its when we went to 6500 rpm the problems occured,i refuse to send engine back because of his poor workmanship and it would have cost me $6000 + to get it to the US and back here,not once did he get on the phone to voice his concern on the situation,am writing this to vent my anger on this situation and to warn others to take there business elsewhere.

1) Rocker plate mounting thread pulled through on the number 3 cylinder wich in turn caused the rocker to jam and bend the mounting plate up and caused a lifter to jam in the bore,engine backfired and snapped the camshaft dowel pin and we bent all 16 valves.
2)One of the heads has a slight crack in the chamber where the spark plug thread is,valve guides that where fitted to the heads are 4 different lengths,half of the rocker plate mount threads where helicoiled but the one that pulled through was not,Monte never supplied flow sheets for the heads after i had asked for them several times,i was told they flow around 485-490 cfm@900 ,when we removed the heads we flowed them and the best they flowed was 439 cfm@900 lift,hence the reason for not supplying flow sheets.
3)when we dissasembled the bottom end and got the jammed lifter out we noticed that the crank had score marks on the journals but there where no marks on the rod bigend bearings,after monte dynoed the engine he told me he checked the bearings and they where fine,what i beleive he did when he saw the score marks on the crank he changed the big end bearings but did not worry about the crank marks and that is why after we dynoed it the big end bearings had no marks but the crank did.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:06 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Do you have a link to his ad here on RJ?
Have you contacted him about the engine?
If so, what has he said?

Who dynoed the engine?

Please supply a link to his ads here on RJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!