I think i did the right thing..YOU TELL ME ?

Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default I think i did the right thing..YOU TELL ME ?

Guys i am pursuing a tranny for my vette..i called the seller and spoke to this mans wife and she gave him my # to call me back. Steve did call me back and told me about the tranny and we agreed on the price...during the conversation he said he would have to get his brother in law to strap the tranny to a pallet for shipping..this would cost $100.00 for this alone excluding shipping...hmmmmm..i said ok,hey lets face it some family members will not do anything for you unless you pay them ...right ??..i told Steve to send me his address on RJ..he did and the address came back in AZ..not MO...I called him back and ask him what was the deal...He advised me he moved to AZ from MO and they still have the same cell #'s from MO..He said this was the reason he said his Bother in law would have to send the tranny...This made sense...
This was Friday night..he called me back Saturday morning to confirm his last name for the money order..the number came up restricted..i guess he was calling from his home # ..ands thats cool i understand this....

Well i had all day Saturday and Sunday to think about the deal..i decided this morning that I WOULD HAVE TO PICK UP the tranny in person..i JUST COULD NOT send $2600 to a person 2,000 miles away that i did not know..

i sent him a message by RJ telling him this.....i told him that i would drive more than 1/2 way to MO to meet whomever had the tranny and pay for it in person (HIS AD STATED HE WOULD DO THIS)..that way we are all protected..i said i would send him a $100.00 deposit to show my good faith...

Below i made a copy of his ad..it did say I WILL MEET 1/2 WAY from MO.

I have got on here in the past and have stated " do not make it easy on scammers" go get your item...i am not saying anything on this deal is shady..i am just practicing what i am preaching..i cannot afford to lose $2600...

Please tell me your thoughts here.......READ BELOW AD

Pro Glide

$2,500.00
I will consider any reasonable offer. This is a "First Class" tranmision don't miss out on this opportunity!
Above Added: Sun March 25, 2007, 1:48 pm EST
Dedenbear case also Dedenbear roller tail shaft straight cut gears Vasco shaft pro brake 10 passes, Moroso cooler. Sold car as a roller cannot use transmission with any of my other projects.
This item is USED

Trades ACCEPTED: Make an offer. Would be intersted in trading possibly for a motorycle.

Payment options:

Cash

Item Location: STOCKTON, MO Get Directions

Instructions for buyer: Would be willing to meet 1/2 way from Stockton Mo. Would also be willing to ship tranmission if seller pays shipping.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:11 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

Thats what I would have done, I cant see sending 2600 to anyone I dont know. Hope all works out for you.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:29 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hold on to your money BJ, don't send anything except the $100.00 and make that a postal MO. If the offer is refused you may have saved yourself a big head ache. I wouldn't send anyone $2,000.00 out front no matter how much i wanted an item, unless they were a reputable company, and even then i would be suspect, because most do not ask for that kind of deposit.

Just my .02

Zip.

PS, A.R.T. built my chasssis without a deposit and as it was being built i paid them in 2 seperate postal MO's., same on the rear housing.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:12 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

BRIAN--THE ADD SAYS HE WOULD MEET 1/2 WAY SO THAT WOULD BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO ON HIS PART--$100 DEPOSIT IS FAIR IF HE ACCEPTS IT[POSTAL MONEY ORDER]----DOES THIS TRANNY HAVE A INSPECTION PLATE OF SOME KIND SO YOU COULD PEEK INSIDE?--GOOD LUCK AND IF THE DEAL GETS TOO CRAZY THEN PASS IT UP!---LIVELY
Old 07-02-2007, 11:10 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

Have you looked at Alan Pope in Fl. His new trans wasn't much more than that. His number is 904-845-4767.

Steve
Old 07-02-2007, 12:20 PM
alscoupe
SENIOR BUILDER

Hey Brian;

Check out Marco Abruzzi.

AL
Old 07-02-2007, 07:34 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Bjuice, please take your time on this one...The pig has a funny feeling...Too many bells going off...Changed states forgot to mention it, won't divulge home number to you, brother in law will prepare shipping for ONLY $100....I would for sure be taking a half way trip, and besides you like to travel......Whats it gonna cost to rent a car and gas vs have shipped and you get to inspect it too....But if it is a scam you may travel half way and meet no one....I am not saying it is a scam but as you said, practice what ya preach....
Old 07-02-2007, 09:17 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by alscoupe
Hey Brian;

Check out Marco Abruzzi.

AL
I agree about calling Marco he does a lot of stuff around here and no one has problems and its always working good.

$2500.00 for that tranny isnt a good deal IMO, I picked up my shorty with the same stuff for $1900.00 last year. If I were you to be safe the extra few hundred to pay someone for a new one might be well worth your time. This deal sounds shady to me. You did the right thing by not sending it and wanting to meet.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Be careful, I know youll practice what you preech! but its not much more for a trans from the above builders!!!! good rep's good luck!!!!!!!!!! David.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:42 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Brian

I'd suggest to move on to a reputable company,some thing don't sound right to me,

Spend the extra,make a call and have it shippped to your door,It may be worth it in the end.Just my .02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -