Thread: 8896 baseline ???

8896 baseline ???

motor 565 afr 345 heads ,9.8 to 1 ,cam 739 lift 270 at 50 dur , 2-1/8 headers ,8896 1050 dominator ...runs rich at idle and top end ...(black smoke out exhaust)
    is there idle feed restrictors i can reduce to get cleaner idle in this carb?
    i know just needs some jetting work just trying to get a starting point..

do you guys run power valves?
    thanks in advance

sorry forgot to mention car sees a lot of street time ...

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    Start with 86 jets in both sides and 4.5 power valves with the mixture screws 1-1/4 rounds out from softly seated.

Mark

i had same problem and pro systems fixed it and also gave me more horsepower. I have a 572 bbc 9,7-1 in recreational boat. Idled too rich and just didnt run right. They didi all kinds of stuff and it really made a big difference. Cost me $430, but was worth it.

put 86 jets in all i had was 5.5 power valves ,put those in adjusted screws they are 1.5 turns out ..car runs much better might have too drop jets down a few sizes ,but still too rich at idle but much better than it was ...should i get some air bleeds for the idle?

thanks so far for your help

jim

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    ITS AIR BLEED TIME FOR SURE.

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    1 other thing to check is, close the throttle blades on primary and secondary then gradually open them equal amounts to get the desired idle RPM.

Mark