Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trany oils

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN

trany oils

what do uall run in your trans ,for fuild? i heard moblie 1 synthetic0-w30 drop your trany temp 60 to 80%. 350 turbo with a 3500 stall.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    I run B&M Trick Shift. I dont think anything will drop your tranny temp 60 to 80 percent!

Junior Member APPRENTICE

tranny fluid

MOBIL1 synthetic atf

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Tractor and transmission hydraulic oil.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davis419b
    I run B&M Trick Shift. I dont think anything will drop your tranny temp 60 to 80 percent!
    ditto with me also Davis. i am very satisfied..

there are some people that have been running 10wt hydraulic fluid..the type that is used in the tractor hydrostatic transmissions...

i do not know if it is any better then the trick shift stuff or not....

Brian
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

There is 1 tranny builder here that used to swear by hydraulic oil to his customers now he has switched back to tranny fluid. I always wondered if it would foam like it does is hydraulic systems

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    Most tranny fluids for a specific trans type (Dextron/Mercon etc.) will work just fine for most applications. For instance, I run a modified C-6 trans (1968) if I were using original internal soft parts I would have to use Type F fluid because of the materials used back then on the bands and clutches. However, I have all TCI internals with modern materials so I can use modern fluids such as Mercon, B&M, Redline and others which have better qualities than the original Type F fluid. So the question you have to ask yourself is what was reccommended by the manufactorer when your tranny was stock? What modifications have you done to it as far as bands and clutches? All the modern fluids are good and in most cases exceed the factory criteria. Just make sure that what ever you use will not have adverse affects on the materials in your tranny. I've heard of Chevy guys using Ford fluid because it make their trannys shift harder. But Dextron in a Ford tranny will make it shift sluggish. There's more to it than just name brands as each fluid is got their own chemical composition and additives. I took a college course on lubricants about 10 years ago but I'm sure there's new stuff out there since then. George
    Stallion Racing 67 428CJ Mustang Fastback

You guys are going to give me S**T about this I think..
    I use Wal-Mart's Super Tech Type F and I have had the same clutches for the last 800+ Passes and have broken 3 transmission cases (for various reasons) and you can still read the wrighting on most of the clutches!!
    And I don't change it all the time either just whenever it either breaks or the if the pan starts leaking. :shock:

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    us7race, Oh my god I can't believe you would run wally mart stuff. LOL Hey man if it works, go with it I always say.

Quote Originally Posted by etbird
    us7race, Oh my god I can't believe you would run wally mart stuff. LOL Hey man if it works, go with it I always say.
    why not? it's not like walmart makes it....

dexcron 3 us what i use, valvoline
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...hire8-12-1.jpg
    Best Et:8.962@149.5 Mph
    Car Weight is 2750 w/driver