Thread: Alcohol Maintenance Tips

Alcohol Maintenance Tips

Hi I am making a comeback after a 32 year lay off I am running a 23 T altred with a BBC using a Barry Grant belt drive fuel pump and a KB carb with alcohol which I have never used. What maintenance should be done between weekends ? What if the car is not run for 2-3 weeks ? What about fuel additives? Thanks in advance Mike

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    WELCOME TO THE SITE- :lol: --YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWERS AND ALOT OF BULL ALSO :twisted: !!!--THESE GUYS CAN GET IT DONE--LIVELY

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    I have run alcohol for 15 years and always use a top end lubricant additive. I am not familiar with a KB carb. Week to week i say no maintenace needed, 2 to 3 weeks shouldnt hurt it but if you want to be safe fire it up and let it run a little.

If you run a blower with Port Nozzles they need cleaned weekly to be safe..

What brand of top lube do you recomend? Thanks Mike

Its called POWER top lube for alcohol fuel. It comes in a plastic 16oz. bottle with directions and a big M on the back. Its made by Manhatten Oil in California. Call them @ 310-372-9041 if you cant find it at your local speed shop or your alcohol supplier. If you cant find it PM me and i will give you a number here in Dallas where you can order it. I have used Redline but dont like as much.