Any UFC or MMA fans abaord ?

Old 06-23-2007, 08:23 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Any UFC or MMA fans abaord ?

i love the mix martial arts...i remember the 1st UFC shown on ppv..
Anyone watch BJ.PENN VS jENS PULVAR tonight on SPIKE t.v..

those guys make a head to head fight look easy...i am too old "Body" to even think of it but my "Mind" says you can do it...LOL......NOT !!!!!!!!!!!

IF THERE ARE ANY FANS OUT THERE, WHO IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE FIGHTER ??

From the old school i loved "Royce Gracie" and 'Ken Shamrock" and "Don Frye"...

New school...: Chuck the "ICEMAN" lydel and Randy the natural "Couter"..Randy is working toward his mid-40's and still banging heads..Did anyone catch him on 'Pro's vs Joe's" ??

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Yeah my stepson (27) and I get into it. We have fight nights to watch the carnage.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:27 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

hey bjuice, im 45 and the knees won't let me bend, but i was in
karate and use to spar with the black belts and i was only a
green belt but held my own, and i like the UFC and MMA but
i sure don't like the fights that are only ground wrestling, thats
boring, like the strikers, like the guy that beat franklin for the belt.
there was no ground game there, just knuckle sandwhiches. :lol:
Old 06-25-2007, 06:36 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

You guys are brutes...LOL...Man I love a good fight I don't care if it is women belting it out..I saw 2 yesterday on ISKA and watched them then about 4 more hours of the thing and it was enjoyable...I can remember back in my early 20's me and the boys used to go watch closed circuit tv and see Ali "Sting like a Bee"....Got to admit I have always enjoyed a good fight since I was a kid raised in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. in the 50's and early 60's, the gangs were every where....See if you know who is down in this shot of Ali..

Old 06-26-2007, 05:44 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by signsbyesa
hey bjuice, im 45 and the knees won't let me bend, but i was in
karate and use to spar with the black belts and i was only a
green belt but held my own, and i like the UFC and MMA but
i sure don't like the fights that are only ground wrestling, thats
boring, like the strikers, like the guy that beat franklin for the belt.
there was no ground game there, just knuckle sandwhiches. :lol:

that is cool...and ETBIRD i love to mwtch it myself..i watch the ultimate fighter series on spike and i watch the IFC battleground on Monday nights...these guys are awesome...if i were only younger....no way would i try that now....lol..

Brian

Old 06-26-2007, 06:07 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Cool stuff....I know a guy here in town that fights UFC and he doesn't look that tough but he is.

I have seen him come into work whrn I was at HP and he looked like hell, but he always said...you should see the other guy...lol

Back in the day, I might have tried it, I was into martial arts and had a chip on my shoulder, now I would just fall over in a corner and cry for mommy...lol
Old 06-26-2007, 07:14 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

my favorite fighter is Karo "the hit man" Parisen, these guys get
in the ring and their kung fu experts, ju jitsu experts, ti kwon do
experts but in the ring it looks like a free for all, no technique.
but Karo is an expert in Judo and man that guy will flip you and
throw you around no matter who you are, one guy said that he
would not let Karo flip him, Karo threw that guy around like a
rag doll, showing how good Judo can work, makes me want to
take Judo :wink:
Old 06-26-2007, 03:32 PM
buffjhsn1
CRAFTSMAN

yep, mma rocks! 8) i like george st. pierre, even though he lost his last fight. :evil: i like watching the light weight classes the best, they are faster and more entertaining.

i thought bj penn walked through pulver pretty easily, jmo of course. it was pretty impressive in my eyes
Old 06-26-2007, 04:15 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

yeah buff i have to agree Bj looked he did it with ease..i think bj was right when he said Jens wanted no part of the fight..you could see the concern in Jens eye....i think BJ is one bad dude that no (average) man would want any part of...i am 225lbs and have been bigger back in the day ( lifting weights)..its hard to believe a 155lb man will whip your ass and make you like it !!..but they can do it.....
these guys will punch you in the face and have your elbow twisted up around your YE-HA before you know it....for real these guys could kill someone in less than 2 minutes in a real survival street fight..all it would take is those guys slidding around the back side of you and sinking in one of those choke holds...15 seconds or less and your out and if they hold on (no judge)..then you wake up in the next life......that simple and that quick.

their choke hold is nothing more than an old police choke hold that was used by many law enforcement agency's years ago..the reason that it was banned was because you had so many GUNG-HO cops out there that would leave it on too long causing Brain damage and death...so now they do not teach the 'police choke hold"...it doesn't take but a few extra seconds of no blood to the brain and your a Veggie..Thats why you see the referre down real close to the fighters when the choke is applied..once they see a man blink out..its over..they ( referre) will phyiscally grab the arm of the person applying the choke..

i think BJ left the choke applied just a little longer to send a message..A :wink:
thanks Brian

Old 06-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

I like Matt Hughs, but may be prejudiced a little. My youngest son worked out at the Pat Millitich camp for a little while.

There are a lot of guys that dabble in this but just a few that make it to the UFC. I met a Dr that preformed kidney transplants in the day, and trained at night because it was healthy and fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -