Old 06-18-2007, 04:56 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default .

Here it is from another board,I didn't think this place was this bad,but it came from the horses mouth or his ass,help me decide?? I am really doing a bad job here?I guess they stripped this place of all the knowlegeable people,(cream of the crop) and left all the trash here,this is what I am getting,maybe I am taking it wrong here,can you guys help me out?I am confused.

This came from MSV.

Originally Posted by gdmii
Thanks guys. You know, when you believe in something it's not hard to find a way to help all you can. I believe in this board. It's the best of it's type I have seen, meaning all you guys make it what it is. And it's certainly the best managed. Just a compliment, Ken. Not a&& kissin. =; There's a couple of good technical boards out there but they're not well managed and one in particular is almost as bad as RJ with all the personal insults. All that stuff does is take away from commraderie and the sincerity of the technical advice. I'm proud to be a part of what we have here as should each of you.

George
Tom
Old 06-18-2007, 05:41 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

PERSONAL INSULTS....WTF is he talking about...Who gets insulted besides a scammer on here....Tom, Take it for what it is worth and we all know the truth on his comment.....Looks like he is the one going around insulting ALL OF US...Not looking for a confrontation with another board and don't exect there to be one but his comment is totally off base and also baseless....If it is so bad here then why would you go and look at what it says :?:
Old 06-18-2007, 05:54 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i have been on this board going on 5 years so i can speak as far back to let people understand just where that comment from George came from. i know George from the forums as well and he is a nice guy..so let me try this.....

back over 2 years ago there was NO moderater or ANY form of control on the RJ forum..i mean there was some major throat cutting going on..a few members such as myself,Tom,Ken,Mel and a few others ask RJ for help in this matter but got no response....so Ken decided to open is own website forum MSV so all that was tired of what George mentioned could go over to MSV and not have to deal with the hostile enviroment that only a few was doing or causing... ( not EVERYONE)...

Many people jumped ship to go to MSV and never came back...

what happened in between is that Tom Mcdunnah took over as head moderater and stopped the bashing and insults etc...This is when i came back to RJ.....RJ is the place we all would like to be this day and time..WE (RJ) welcome each other comments with respect and dignity. We also accept new members with open arms...not to mention we ( RJ) is one of the IF NOT THE best (web-site) for advserising your racing parts/cars wheather buying or selling..Yes you have some scammers that come thru the site...BUT YOU WILL HAVE THIS ANYWHERE..you have to stop and think of the reason why..ITS BECAUSE RJ IS A HIGH PROFILE site with many members and customers...wherever you have this kind of traffic your gonna pull the bad with the good cause WE ARE JUST THAT POPULAR..WE (RJ) ARE NATIONALLY KNOWN...

Now i do not have a problem with MSV...but i will say that George WAS OUT OF LINE by posting that comment even if it were on MSV site....if it were true then i would be ok with it...George was one of the guys that left RJ a few years back when there was problems with a FEW members on RJ that was personally attacking and critizing other members post.....i cannot blame him for giving a pep speech to his site members but leave RJ out of it or at least be accurate with your statements..i would think ken and George would expect the same from us.

i am More than confident if George or ANY OTHER MEMBER from MSV or any othwer site out there came to RJ and seen what we are about now they would have nothing but good things to say about RJ...

just stop and think how QUICK SCAMMERS ARE DEALT WITH...How Quick any off color jokes or comments are dealt with.....all of this is handled on the spot if it happens at all...its getting to where there is little problems here on RJ....Including "NO CLICKS"...everyone is treated the same and included on all post.

That is the way its suppose to be,,we are all to get along ans support one another....

i will have to say THAT WE HAVE SOME VERY BRIGHT AND TALENTED MEMBERS ON THIS SITE THAT WOULD MATCH WHITS WITH ALMOST ANYONE OUT THERE.......
Tom has done an excellent job moderating this forum an getting us to where we are now...I WILL ALSO DO MY PART in helping assure that everyone of you has A place to come to where you can share your thoughts and ideas without any problems or backlash from anyone......

Please post your thoughts and ideas here...FOLKS WE HAVE A GREAT PLACE....ALL OF US NEED TO BE PROUD OF THAT FACT...and understand when your AT THE TOP IT IS VERY LONLEY..

i will close with this statement:

let the words of the insult speak for itself..it mentioned ALL THE PERSONAL INSULTS....i Challange each of you to find a personal insult on this site.........with this said...YOU BE THE JUDGE AND ASK YOURSELF HOW MUCH WATER DOES THAT INSULT HOLD ??????

EDIT: HERE IS A COPY OF ANOTHER POST FROM MSV..JUST AS I SAID..George is a stand up guy along with many others on MSV...
HERE IS THE POST...THANK YOU GEORGE FOR MAKING THIS REPLY..IT VALIDATES WHO I KNEW YOU WERE TO BEGIN WITH.....THANKS BRIAN

I know Ron copied this below but i just wanted to let it be known from Me personally..

Sorry Tom. I meant no offense to you. My comments were directed to the time before you started moderating RJ and I have edited my post to reflect that. Surely, you have to remember why Motorsports Village was started in the first place. RJ has come a long way since you took it over. I still post there occasionally.

Again, sorry if I offended you. That was not my intention.

George

Thanks Brian
Old 06-18-2007, 06:23 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

what Brian and the Pig said......DITTO.....
Tom, a fine job you do here, this is the first place and the last place I go to every day....
Lots of bright knowledgeable people on here, and a very welcome place to be.....
I feels like ive known some of yous guys for years...... :cry: (tears of joy)
Old 06-18-2007, 06:36 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Update

Well after a few posts,I guess I was reading to deep into Georges Posts.He has appoligized to me and he was talking about 2 years pryer to the forum being moderated,I got that,settled,

Now while I was over there I got a PM of someone complaining to me about some of my decisions I have made here in the last couple weeks,hmmmm I guess I was bad but apparently I lost an other member because of my doings,I don't know what it is but I hope to find out,soon
Old 06-18-2007, 06:55 AM
alscoupe
SENIOR BUILDER

I'm one of the "new kids on the block", having only been a member for 3 or 4 months. All I know is that I've talked to a bunch of nice guys, found some cool deals and saved some cash, listened to some EXPERT advise (take the suspension article, for instance), and had some laughs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, ain't that the point?

P.S. Tom, your okay in my book!! And, if I did have a problem with ya, I'd talk to you one on one in private, be damned if I'd say or write anything about a man in public I hadn't said to his face first!

AL
Old 06-18-2007, 07:23 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Update

Well after a few posts,I guess I was reading to deep into Georges Posts.He has appoligized to me and he was talking about 2 years pryer to the forum being moderated,I got that,settled,

Now while I was over there I got a PM of someone complaining to me about some of my decisions I have made here in the last couple weeks,hmmmm I guess I was bad but apparently I lost an other member because of my doings,I don't know what it is but I hope to find out,soon

Glad to hear it worked out with George.

As far as the pm about the improvements over last few weeks, if he does not agree with your actions and cannot come to you personally and has to spread his poison on another site, I say let them go, they were not worth you fighting for in the first place.

I am proud to be a member here and have seen vast improvements, not only in the site, but in our members as well.
Almost all due to one great guy Tom Mcdunnah. He has weeded out alot of the bad wood and invited some heavy hitters in the world of drag racing.
I personally admire and appreciate that.

Thanks Tom for making this the top site in my list!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:24 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WE HAVE A GREAT SITE [EXCEPT THE PIG]--ONLY KIDDING---LIKE BRIAN SAID TOM -KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!--[PS--I DO VISIT OTHER SITES!!!!!-BUT I LIKE THIS ONE THE BEST :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: ]-DENNIS[ LIVELY]
Old 06-18-2007, 07:45 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I will agree with B here I'm sure 100% George meant Nothing bad about tom in noway George is a super guy Just like B said George is also a honest guy and like all you guy's he will help in anyway he can trust me here back when all this crap was going on there was a lot of members that would never post a thing because of a few bad apples me included iv been a yearly member for almost 3 years and have made a lot of friends on this site . but that's how MSV got started because of no Moderators to handle the problem and i will say tom has done one helluva job fixing problems on this site and like George tom is a super guy also .
Over On MSV is also a great bunch of guy's and a ton of knowledge also and I'm sure tom will back me up on that tom knows most all those guy's there and they know tom and highly respect him.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:58 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

George Wrote.
Sorry Tom. I meant no offense to you. My comments were directed to the time before you started moderating RJ and I have edited my post to reflect that. Surely, you have to remember why Motorsports Village was started in the first place. RJ has come a long way since you took it over. I still post there occasionally.

Again, sorry if I offended you. That was not my intention.

George
See I knew you guy's was two of a kind
Both great guy,s Now Group hug Please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -