Lifters ?

Old 06-16-2007, 07:41 AM
nasty02bird
APPRENTICE

Default Lifters ?

Anybody know about the ISKY endurance lifters, haven't seen to much about them, I know they are very expensive compared to most. Any info would be appreciated
Old 06-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

MYBUDDY RUNS A MACHINE SHOP- HE SWARES BY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! HE ALWAYS USES THE RED ZONE LIFTERS.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:48 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

so does Jim oddy..very popular Blown Motor builder from the North Eastern Coast...Jim swears by them..."Fastest Street Car" magazine Feartues an ad with Jim as s spokesman for the "Red Zone' lifters.

www.iskycams.com
323-770-0930

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-16-2007, 03:27 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Everyone I know calls them Risky !! not Isky I've seen several failures

Morel makes the best lifter by a long shot, several companys just put their name on it.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:23 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

I have run the Isky Red Zone in my 463 sbc and they didnt last as long as the Crower Severe Duty that i had always used. Was not worth the extra money so i went back to Crower.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:03 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Everyone I know calls them Risky !! not Isky I've seen several failures

Morel makes the best lifter by a long shot, several companys just put their name on it.
David: with all due respect..i think you meant to say "IN Your Opinion" Morel makes the best lifter by a long shot.....i do not think there is any documented material that supports that Morel is the best lifter on the market by a long shot...
if so please provide this. i could be wrong....

as always i appreciate your input,

thanks Brian.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-16-2007, 08:18 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

These lifters in motors which would be called lifter eaters (big duke/chief motors) last twice as long as a comp or isky, 375 passes on one set I know of and took them out and looked perfect.

I've seen almost every brand break but the most common one's to fail are isky and comp. I know even isky were telling people they were having a problem with the oiling holes, a buddy of mine had less then 20 passes on a set that went bad.

Its a well known fact that several companys buy these "new design" lifters from Morel. My new lunati's are morels.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:25 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

It has been awhile since I have looked at a Lunati Roller Lifter, But they used to be assembled by crane and the body was made by Eaton, the same maker for the Cranes. The body for the Lunati and the Crane was slightly different with ridges on the Lunati.

The serious high horsepower builders mostly are using the Crower HIPPO Cut-Away and the Isky Red-Zones. Those with customers of high budgets are using the Jesel and the LSM Keyways. The Jesel Dog-Bone is cool too.

I have one that I use that I really like better, that costs less than the Crower, or the Isky Red-Zones, but it does cost more than the Cam Company Roller Lifters, like Crane, Comp etc. These have stood much much abuse from strong springs big over .900 lift and more cams, in the .8542 size they have lived with 380# seat and 1050 open. IN the .904 size they have lived with 470# seat and over 1250# open with cams over 1.00 lift. The problem is this company will not sell to you unless you are an engine building shop. If you are a shop and can prove it to them, send me email and I will give you phone and fax and name.

Ed
Old 06-16-2007, 11:26 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Don't even think about the Isky that is not using bearings.

Ed