running alchol with out a cooling system ??

Old 06-09-2007, 03:05 PM
jaykz1000
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default running alchol with out a cooling system ??

how many u guys run alcohol and not run a cooling system ???? pros and cons ?????
Old 06-09-2007, 03:19 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

What kind of car are you racing and what type of racing are yopu doing?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:00 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

It does depend on what type car you're running. For example we run 3 door cars and 2 dragsters on alconol. we have cooling systems on all the cars, but rarely turn on the pump on the door cars, due to the air comming in around the motor. the dragsters however since they are rear engined run a little warmer, so we turn the pump on after the run for a few minutes.
I personally have made 5 passes in 1hr 15min. at Memphis at 100 degrees in my door car and never turned the pump on, and the temp. stayed below 200 degrees. I have a blown alcohol sm/blk with no water or no cooling system, be donot run round robin with it. Most of the blown cars donot run water/cooling systems.

Just my .02 cents

Zip
Old 06-10-2007, 11:33 AM
jaykz1000
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

will be a door car with a very big front grille no fender wells or anything so it will have plenty of air... yes it will be bbc with blown alcohol and only make about 3-4 passes a night when at the track just testin a tuning... once lined out will be a grudge car.... no round robins either,,,
Old 06-11-2007, 08:17 PM
ccso640
JOURNEYMAN

I have the same question about my motor/cooling system. Door car, 65 Mustang fastback, blown alcohol injected 528 Ford, iron block and aluminum, heads, about 1500 at the flywheel if it goes as planned. I was going to ditch the radiator and just run the top radiator hose from the thermostat housing to the lower hose but now I have to run a remote water pump so I was going to try and circulate water through the hoses. We'll see how it works out next year. Chris