bad gauge

Old 06-08-2007, 02:48 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Default bad gauge

I have a autometer temp 2 5/8 ultralite that is 5yrs old. have any of you all had one go bad? seems to not be reading or reading on the low side, have proform waterpump. anyways what do you all think?"
Old 06-08-2007, 02:56 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

If it's a electical gauge, unplug the sender and ground it, the gauge should peg the top, unplugged and ungrounded should read full cold. If that works, you may have a bum sender, bad connection, or a weak t-stat.

Mechanical gauge, the line running from the probe to the gauge may be having issues, which mean a whole new gauge.

Is the stat working right?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:20 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

yes mechanical gauge, theres another $60 , hell who is counting. I got it timend today, ran back and forth on own power, set line loc did burn out in driveway, Bleed brakes new gauge and check everything and I might be ready to tie that blazer down in the tag, and go have some fun!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:21 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

You know you got it bad when you "Moose Juice" your driveway and practice launches. Driveway burnouts are cool. 8)
Old 06-08-2007, 03:28 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

especially after 15 minutes of open headers, then set line loc, start to bark the tires, neibors they love me , I am nice and smile at them , hopefully they will forgive me, a guy I went to school with lives a few blocks away, came looking for the noise, :lol:
Old 06-08-2007, 03:41 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

a guy I went to school with lives a few blocks away, came looking for the noise,

Well you had to love that I know.....At least it wasn't the cops yet... :!: :lol:
Old 06-08-2007, 03:48 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

what do you mean cops, its just a s10 blazer, whats the problem sir!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:03 PM
stevehgs
JOURNEYMAN

And mine is just a S10 pick-up. We're both pretty obvious.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:27 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i live in the city limits and my shop 30x50 is right beside my house...anyway i have a drive way about 150 ft long or shorter....i was in the driveway with my 70 pro-street camaro a year ago and was launching it (straight headers)..the cops must have been a street over and when they heard my car i guess they thought someone was in the street..they all pulled up SCREECHING TIRES in front of my house on the PUBLIC road...i looked over at my wife and whe was making the "knife across the throat sign"..meaning KILL IT !!......I looked over at her and smiled...she shook her head...i brought the car up on the converter and got the MT SPORTSMAN'S TURNING OVER....I WENT INTO 2ND GEAR 6,000 RPM,,,THEN 3RD GEAR 4,000,5000,6,000 and held it there..IT LOOKED LIKE MY HOUSE WAS ON FIRE..the tree's was full of smoke..the car ran hot and blew a top radiator hose.....My wife ran inside...being an ex-cop i knew they couldn't get me for nothing major...

they sat there 200 ft from me shaking their heads...then one of them stuck his head out of the car and gave me a BIG SMILE and THUMBS UP and drove off......

the next day i was adjusting the timing in the drive way and another cop came up telling me he had a noise complaint but could not enfocre it until after 9:00pm........

you had to be there on the burn out..I WENT CRAZY FOR A MINUTE...lmao

************* KIDS **********...ONLY TRY THIS AT HOME.......

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-08-2007, 06:20 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

Next time you do this, let us know. We wanna watch. 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -