Rons Flying Toliet Vs. Carb??? What is better?????

Old 05-27-2007, 01:00 PM
bajaboat32
APPRENTICE

Default Rons Flying Toliet Vs. Carb??? What is better?????

I have a bracket car with a 477BBC and I want to know who thinks a toliet or a carb would be a better and more consistent setup.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:00 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

for bracket racing get you a good carb..

the injection is simple enough to keep you scratching your head..

i can go into details if you need me to or you can just take my word for it..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-28-2007, 01:55 PM
bryanm
JUNIOR BUILDER

It seems like the flying toilets are either hit or miss for people. I know several people who have bought them and could never get them to work right and I know several people who have them and they work flawlessly. Usually the one that get them to work right are in an altered or dragster so if I were you I would buy a good carb and go racin.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:32 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Injection systems work really well once you get it set up. Most people make the mistake of playing with the barrel valve with out a leak down checker. If you set the barrel valve with the correct amount leaking by the barrel valve with the butterfly closed tthen all you will ever have to do is put the correct nozzel in and change the main jet until you get the egt's where you want them. From cold weather to hot weather you might change the main jet. I ran a Terminator on all my SBC for 5 years with no problems. Now running BBC with 1250 Bolaws alcohol, much easier on first start up of the day.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:35 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

what has been failed to mention is that injections are designed to run Alcohol.....was this in your plans ?
i have heard of people trying to run gas thru the injection but it just doesn't work..
i agree with Davis419b...you get one right and your fine for the most part...getting it right is the headache....however they are fickle and will act up with weather changes vs carbs...example in cooler air you might have to go with a fatter main jet etc,,,,and vice versa

they work on a by pass system, you will need a front mounted fuel cell mounted slighty higher than your manual pump, or you can run a standard fuel cell in the rear and have a electric pump feed a front mounted surge tank thern a manual pulling from the surge tank......the Barell valve is very imprtant to set as davis said..the only accurate way to do this is whith a leak down testor, my last blown motor was set at 70%.....
the main jet is next..the bigger the jet the leaner the fuel, smaller jet fatter the fuel..opposite than what you think.....

next i would strongly recommend exhaust primary EGT monitors...this will tell you where you stand wide open throttle...alcohol injected motors are a little tricky to read the plugs VS gas...

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "