any body had any bad dealings using paypal??

Old 05-26-2007, 08:03 AM
jaykz1000
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default any body had any bad dealings using paypal??

or does it seem safe for the buyers end??
Old 05-26-2007, 10:00 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Paypal can be a very good tool for buying..You have put the purchase on your credit card and therefore you can go back if there is a problem and dispute the item and get the charge denied and the seller will have it removed from the account by Paypal...Now as a seller it can be good and bad..The bad is, I had a friend sell a guitar for $1300 charged thru paypal and he shipped the guitar to Ca. and him in NY..The buyer then denied the charge and paypal removed the $1300 from his account and the buyer still had the guitar...A few months later the guitar was returned and he didn't come out a loser but til it arrived he was as they say "had meat"...All sellers beware of this when you are selling also, as the scammers will try this on you..Know who you are dealing with can not be expressed enough...Get to know your buyer or seller
Old 05-29-2007, 05:36 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: any body had any bad dealings using paypal??

Originally Posted by jaykz1000
or does it seem safe for the buyers end??
I agree with 454, it's a pretty good tool from a buyers stand point, but not nearly as good from a sellers stand point.

If you're a seller the buyer can bushwhack you by saying the product is not what he orders or it was misrepresnted in the ad,etc,etc. and cancel the payment.
I like (454) deal with paypal all the time and have only had 1 incident that went bad, but got most of my money back on that deal. i've been a member of paypal for 6 yrs. and in fact use their credit card as a primary card since their intrest rate is now lower @ 11.99 than most other card companys.

just my .02 cents

Zip.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:33 PM
alscoupe
SENIOR BUILDER

Used Paypal as a Buyer, several times in the last month alone, no problems yet. (Knock on Wood)
Old 05-29-2007, 04:08 PM
WhtLightning
SHOW GUEST

Someone in Nigeria broke into my wife's Paypal account somehow. We don't know how it happend. I refuse to use PayPal because of that. You never put your card # or address online anywhere. There are some people that have nothing to do but sit around on the computer, and figure out ways to get your information and SCREW you! If you do use a PayPal account because your too lazy to go to the bank and get certified funds, use an e-mail address that wouldn't be like what someone else would use. We think that is how my wife's account was broken into. Wht out....
Old 05-29-2007, 07:51 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I had the most realistic looking spoof on Paypal verifying my account recently. I almost fell for it. That could have been it. I sent it to Paypal spoof.com and they said it looked good to them until they dug deep. It was from overseas also.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

i do pay pal as a seller and a buyer..just my way of protecting myself from someone trying to get there money back from pay-pal after you send parts.as soon as i recieve there money into my pay-pal account i then have pay-pal transfer it to my bank account.as soon as you do this then there money is no longer in your pay-pal account for them to reverse payment..it is electronic transfered to your bank account,you have no money now in pay-pal for them to get..then if i need to buy something by paying with pay-pal i just go to pay-pal and do a transfer from my bank to pay-pal.PAY-PAL WILL NOT E-MAIL YOU FOR ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION AS TO YOUR ACCOUNT PASSWORD OR BANK OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION.if you get anything saying you need to update this information DON'T DO IT.it isn't pay-pal it is a scam.hope this helps.i've been doing pay-pal for over 6 years and never burnt..i've done about 10 transaction by money-orders and been nailed 3 times.TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH.AND PAY-PAL HAS A SELLER AND BUYER PROTECTION FOR BIG AMOUNTS.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:35 AM
racecraftchassis
SHOW GUEST

Default Paypal is the best thing since sex

Paypal is a awesome way to transfer payment online, We use them every day and in excess of $10K each day, You will get a FEW deadbeats as in any business, But our rating is 99.8% positive transactions through paypal, Scams are not paypals normal, But NEVER enter your username or password on ANY email. Just a little FYI
Thanks,
bikerhaven.net
Old 06-13-2007, 02:53 AM
excelerater
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Paypal plays god and does a slow and poor job at it when you have a dispute......If you are a crook you take someones money,close out your bank account and paypal has no way to recoupe the money - wow man,genious huh .... :roll:

ebay complaints take up to 3 weeks before you even get an answer
by then your money is LONG GONE.....
Old 08-22-2007, 04:34 PM
markdog
SHOW GUEST

Default PAYPAL

IF YOU DON'T PURCHASETHE ITEM ON EBAY DON'T PAY BY PAYPAL , I GOT RIPPED FOR $1500 LAST WEEK -THEY SAID THEY CAN NOT DO ANYTHING!THEY PUT THE SELLERS ACCCOUNT AS LIMITED!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -