Thread: wheel polishing

wheel polishing

Does any one know where I can get two spindle mount Weld magnums polished? They are dull silver now. I would like them polished and some type of protective coating sprayed on them.

Tom

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Go by Auto Zone or Advanced Auto or what ever parts house you have and buy their new "Power Ball" by mothers..be sure to get their metal polish to go with it...the power ball will attach to a drill and go to work..with a little elbow grease/Time you can have them looking like chrome.

be careful trying to spray a protective coating on the wheels after you polish them. i have known guys try this in the past by spraying clear etc..on the wheels and they end up turning yellowish and flaking.

after you polish them they make a metal protectant polish that contains teflon etc...rub that on them and it will seal your hard work and shine.

when washing them stay away from chemicals like Grease lighting, Purple power etc,,,this will dull them back out.

Brian
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    i also found that they polish better if you use wheel acid on them before you polish them. it cuts old build junk off the wheel and polish to a better shine. jmo

wheel acid

where do I get wheel acid?

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Any of the auto parts stores should have it and follow the directions of else your just wasting it for no reason is my experience...
    SEE THE USA IN YOUR CHEVROLET

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    try wenol the red for roughing in and blue for finish. you can buy it on ebay